INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Droid X2 SD card not showing up in MC  (Read 1209 times)

Bengi010

• World Citizen
Droid X2 SD card not showing up in MC
« on: February 18, 2012, 02:15:30 pm »

I'm trying to put music on my wife's phone and I'm running into an odd problem.  When I plug the phone into the computer it shows up on windows as two separate drives, one is the internal storage and the other is the SD card.  However MC is only seeing the internal storage and it's showing it twice, once as Android and once as the name I gave the device in MC.  Here's some pictures to illustrate what I mean

You can see that even though the device is listed twice as I mentioned both instances are the J: drive and the I: drive is not present.  As further evidence neither is the SD card both instanced in MC show 4.3 GB size but the SD is 7.3 GB.

So my question is, why does the same drive show up twice and how do I get rid of at least one?  BUT more importantly how do I get the other drive, the SD card, to show up at all as that is where I want to sync music to?
Intel Core i-5 6600K, Asus Z170-A ATX Motherboard, Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, Asus Xonar Essence STX,
                                          Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 1000w PSU, Lian-Li PC-B25F ATX Tower,
                                   Dell S2716DG G-Sync Monitor & AOC 2230 Monitor, Corsair Hydro H60 Cooler,
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

Bengi010

• World Citizen
Re: Droid X2 SD card not showing up in MC
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 02:24:14 pm »

Ok, I figured out the last part on my own.  I: was listed under Explorer and I was able to add it to the Drives and Devices list and set up a sync.  So now I have the functionality I want.  That just leaves the question of why J: is showing up twice?  I used redetect all devices and the custom name disappeared but the drive still shows up twice.  I will just add it to the ignore list and problem solved.  But it is still a little odd.
Intel Core i-5 6600K, Asus Z170-A ATX Motherboard, Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, Asus Xonar Essence STX,
                                          Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 1000w PSU, Lian-Li PC-B25F ATX Tower,
                                   Dell S2716DG G-Sync Monitor & AOC 2230 Monitor, Corsair Hydro H60 Cooler,
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23
Pages: [1]   Go Up