INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Removing lyrics from MP3 files  (Read 4767 times)

Dare978Devil

• Junior Woodchuck
Removing lyrics from MP3 files
« on: December 03, 2012, 08:21:36 pm »

Hello,

I have been having a grand old time adding lyrics to my MP3 collection via Foobar 2000 and Lyrics Grabber.  I have pointed Foobar to Lyrics Wiki, and it has hit more than 95% of the time.  If it misses, I correct the tag in MC17, and then run Lyrics Grabber again.  MC17 is loving it, all of these MP3s are in my Auto-Import folder, so I don't even have to do anything in MC17, the lyrics just magically show up.  It updates itself, which is great.

It is working really well, too well in fact.  I started tagging bigger and bigger numbers of MP3s.  The last batch was nearly 1000, and they all have the first 10 lines or so of the song and then a message telling me Lyrics Wiki is not licensed to display the full lyrics for this song.  So I just thought I would point Foobar to a different lyrics site, but it won't redo any MP3s which already have something in the lyrics field.  Is there any way to use MC17 to delete every lyric at once from a selection of MP3s ?

Thanks,
DD.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Removing lyrics from MP3 files
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 08:29:24 pm »

Select the files, and in the Tag Action Window, edit in the Lyrics field, Ctrl-A to select the lyrics, and hit Delete.  Close the edit field and you''re done.  MC will remove the tag from the files (give it a few moments if there are many files, as auto-import runs through the list).
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Dare978Devil

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Removing lyrics from MP3 files
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 09:06:18 pm »

Jeez, that was easy, worked like a charm.  Should have figured that out on my own, but glad I posted.  Thanks. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up