INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mi Casa Verde Vera Integration  (Read 3343 times)

babgvant

• Galactic Citizen
Mi Casa Verde Vera Integration
« on: September 15, 2012, 06:57:53 pm »

I just finished a basic addin that provides Vera scene triggering based on events in JMC. I'd prefer to have someone besides me test it out before general release. If any has a Vera ping me and I'll send you the bits.

Thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Mi Casa Verde Vera Integration
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 02:43:55 pm »

At the risk of going off topic, I'm not a Vera user, but am interested.

I'd love a way to turn on my powered desk speakers, and amplifiers in my living room from the computer.  If Media Center could do it automatically when playback started and stopped, it'd be even neater.  Is this the sort of stuff you're doing?

What's the cheapest A/C switch that works with the system?  I don't really need wattage monitoring, just a way to turn some stuff around the house on and off.

I'll read your full article (I've only skimmed it) when I get a little more time.  For anyone else:
http://www.missingremote.com/review/mi-casa-verde-vera-home-automation-controller-veralite

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

babgvant

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 02:54:50 pm »

I'd love a way to turn on my powered desk speakers, and amplifiers in my living room from the computer.  If Media Center could do it automatically when playback started and stopped, it'd be even neater.  Is this the sort of stuff you're doing?

Yes, that's exactly the type of thing that this would enable. I just use it for light control in the living room right now (triggered by addins like this one), but in other areas of the house I've installed switches and set them to turn on/off at scheduled times to reduce standby electricity consumption too.

What's the cheapest A/C switch that works with the system? 

The GE outdoor switches are the cheapest by far. I picked up a couple when they hit $20, but for some reason the prices of all the switches fluctuates a lot so it's one of those things where you have to watch it for a bit. There are a couple drawbacks to them though 1) bulk & 2) they are the only switch I've used that has a measurable amount of power consumption (1W).

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 05:35:43 pm »

I've thought about Vera to manage my zwave network in the past. I think a plugin for MC would be fantastic.

Right now I've adopted a super quick and affordable way of controlling zwave lighting in my home theater using a standard MC remote and a PC. For anyone interested in this, I wrote a simple "how-to" a little while back: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=72133.0
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation
Pages: [1]   Go Up