INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA Server Converting to MP3 - Error 8  (Read 1422 times)

pcstockton

• Citizen of the Universe
DLNA Server Converting to MP3 - Error 8
« on: February 20, 2012, 03:14:23 pm »

As of late I cant get PlugPlayer to replay MP3s served up by JRiver.  This started somewhere in the 17.7x build.  Up until then everything worked fine.

I get an "Error 8" when trying to replay any of the MP3 conversion settings in Media Network.  If I change the settings to Never Convert, my FLACs playback fine but of course buffer horribly over 3G. 

In the past I set up my "Remote" server to "always convert" to "MP3 medium bandwidth".  This resulted in very few drop-outs and when they occurred it was only for a second or two.  "High bandwidth" resulted in a rate of about one drop-out per song.

Now none of the settings for conversion to MP3 work.  I get Error 8 in PlugPlayer.

All of the research I have done on this point to the server not sending a "valid file type".  Seeing that "never convert" works I thought it may be how MC is converting the FLACs prior to sending them along.  Was something changed in recent builds that encodes MP3s differently?

All of the PlugPlayer threads I can find referring to this "Error 8" are answered by the PP dev asking what program was used for converting to MP3 and if there were converted within spec etc...  Also, he asked about possible embedded art (which I dont have on any files).  Basically the PP dev said that error only happens when the server is not sending a valid file type.

Since this started occurring I have been trying to use WebGizmo for remote playback.  But I can only get one song to play.

I have used PP for well over a year with very few issues.  Although I do recall, even when things were working well, that if there was any type of problem it was always the dreaded "Error 8" message.  Typically rebooting the app or at worst re-starting MC Server fixed everything.  But now it happens with any conversion setting both on and off of my network.

Thoughts?

Thanks so much everybody!
Patrick

HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva
Pages: [1]   Go Up