INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing Playlists  (Read 811 times)

Kevin E

Importing Playlists
« on: May 09, 2002, 08:56:11 pm »

Scenario:
I have a bunch of play lists on my server (say d:\my music\Mainstream}
On my laptop i have a drive mapped to the above directory on my server so that M drive maps to d:\my music.

Is there a way to transfer playlists from my server jukebox to my laptop given that there are now
different path references to each song.  I tried copying the playlists.jmd from the server to the
laptop and then editing the path in each song but this didn't work.

Here is a typical entry on the server:
0057d:\my music\Mainstream\Depeche Mode - Policy Of Truth.mp3000353;

which is changed to:
0057M:\Mainstream\Depeche Mode - Policy Of Truth.mp3000353;

BTW, is there anyway to import playlists into MJ?

John Livingston

RE:Importing Playlists
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2002, 04:41:43 am »

This may not be relevant but my solution to a similar problem is ..

My playlists and indeed the whole library on my main computer use UNC paths ie. \machinename\path\file

I backup the library on the master machine and then restore it to my laptop.  Since the laptop is on the same network as the machine with the music, the laptop can access the files without any changes.

This means that whenever I make changes to the library on the main computer I need to go through a backup/restore process to use the new version on the laptop.

SeanC

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2002, 05:08:54 am »

I accomplish this by sharing my MP3 directory on my desktop machine, and connecting a drive letter to that share, e.g. I have drive letter m:\ connected to \srchome\mp3.  On  both the desktop and my notebooks, I connect the same drive letter to the same share m:\ to \srchome\mp3.  

That way, playlists work from any computer.

Mysticeti

• World Citizen
  • music, SCUBA, movies, VR, multimedia, PCs
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2002, 11:11:09 am »

I'd also like to see a way to import playlists.  The reason is that our main MJ machine is sitting in the basement.  This machine doesn't have a CD-R drive and even if it did the hassle of going into the basement to burn a CD would prevent me from utilizing it.

We have carefully crafted playlists on this machine that we'd like to burn onto CDs.  The PC with the CD burner is networked to the basement PC so...

Perhaps if there were CRC/file date-time-length info included in an exported playlist it would be possible to match songs up when the playlist was imported?
"And the men who hold high places. Must be the ones who start... to mold a new reality. Closer to the Heart."
Pages: [1]   Go Up