INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Client Sync Problems  (Read 1129 times)

wig

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Client Sync Problems
« on: February 22, 2012, 09:25:32 am »

I'd like some help troubleshooting a nagging problem I have with client synchronization.

Here's the issue: I'm tagging files from my client machines, some of the changes aren't saved. I have auto-sync enabled and my client machine is authenticated. It appears that some of the auto-sync cycles fail, and the changes I've made during that period are discarded. 

Here's an example; I'm happily listening to music and filling tagging music on a new custom field. Then I look at my previous songs in Playing Now and some of the tags are missing. There will be gaps, a 3-4 song section where the tags are missing, but songs before and after that have successfully had their tags updated.

Any ideas? Would a log help, and if so should I send the client or server log?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
Re: Client Sync Problems
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 02:52:29 pm »

I've had the same problem but with ratings. I'll rate a few songs when I'm at work, sync changes (manually, even though I have automatic enabled), get home and POOF no ratings.

wig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 10:58:34 am »

bump.

This problem is really frustrating, since it only occurs sporadically.

I sent an emails to logs at jriver dot com that contains a log from the client machine. I hope it helps.

wig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 11:49:34 am »

I starting looking through the log and noticed I had some issues connecting to the mapped drive to my NAS. I'm going to try switching to the UNC path and see if this solves the problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up