Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mr_Q  (Read 565 times)

Mr_Q

• Recent member
  • Digital Artist
Mr_Q
« on: May 09, 2002, 04:56:58 pm »

Why is ripping so slow? Every other program I rip with rips at 24-32x. I have a Yamaha 2100. It's supposed to rip at 40x, but I know it won't actuallyl do that. Still MJB rips only at 8.5x!

Oh and I am still having the entire system slow to a crawl when using MJB and the CD Device.
If it sounds cool, it will be on my harddrive!

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:Mr_Q
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2002, 05:01:02 pm »

Try ripping with "digital secure" off.  It retries multiple times.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Darwyn

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2002, 12:26:04 am »

Wow I need to find a drive like that! All of mine only rip 8 to 10x. When someone said his ran 28x I thought he was full of it. Mine are Sony, Creative, Pine/Samtack, LG. Can anyone else post brands and models of very fast audio extracting drives like Q's Yamaha?

ZRocker

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2002, 04:54:26 am »

With my 'old' Plextor 12/10/32A drive, I get rip to .WAV speeds of 18.1X (w/digital large buffer setting)...not bad as the drive specs advertise 20X audio extraction speed.  With digital secure mode, I only get 7.8X on the same Plextor drive.  I can use digital large buffer because my drive supports accurate stream...so I shouldn't have any jitter artifacts.

JohnT

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2002, 05:32:39 am »

Mr_Q,

Make sure you're in "digital large buffer" mode. Which encoder are you using? Although MJ's mp3 encoder is slower than others, it's higher quality. Try ripping to uncompressed wave to see what the raw ripping speed is, or turn off simultaneous rip/encode.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up