INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it possible to have the same instance of MC show theater view on one monitor?  (Read 1956 times)

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar

I have a setup where I would like a fullscreen player for one monitor (the tv in the living room) and at the same time have the regular view on the other monitor (which goes to a regular computer monitor). But is this at all possible without using two different instsances of MC? I prefer to have only one running.
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

glynor

• MC Beta Team

Probably.  I'll respond a little later, but can you describe what parts of the UI you want to show where in more detail?

Thanks.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar

Sounds promising! Well, I would like the regular view on monitor 1 (main computer monitor) and the Theater View on monitor 2 (TV). Simple as that. I would like to be able to choose movies (this will probably be used for movies only) and view them on monitor 2. if that's any clearer. :)

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers

If theater view is open you can't have anything else except for a detached display which can be handy because it gives you access to the right click menu but that is about it.
The attached screenshot is from my desktop 2x22"

I use standard on my monitor with the display detached (ctrl+6) and on the TV.
Sean

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar

I see, thanks. I guess what would be the smart move there would be to use the TV for the detached display, then. I can probably use NetRemote or even VNC to start movies. That's not something my wife will do anyway...

glynor

• MC Beta Team

He's right.

You used to be able to run Theater View on one monitor and Standard View (but not Fullscreen/Display View) on another, by simply changing the Fullscreen Playback Monitor option under Tree & View.

Now, when you open Theater View, it "hides" Standard View, so you can't.

I'm not sure when this changed.  But for simple playback, the Detached Display method works fine.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

nwboater

• MC Beta Team

He's right.

You used to be able to run Theater View on one monitor and Standard View (but not Fullscreen/Display View) on another, by simply changing the Fullscreen Playback Monitor option under Tree & View.

Now, when you open Theater View, it "hides" Standard View, so you can't.

I'm not sure when this changed.  But for simple playback, the Detached Display method works fine.

I would sure like to have that 'feature' back.

Rod

Mars

• World Citizen

I would sure like to have that 'feature' back.

Rod

+1. My server would show Theater View and Display View on the TV and, at the same time, I would be able to mange it's library and settings in Standard View from other devices through VNC with no playback interruptions (wife friendly ;)).

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar

Mars, that's what I was thinking. I would like that to be possible too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up