INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Tags for lossless audio codecs  (Read 1132 times)

preproman

• Galactic Citizen
Feature Request: Tags for lossless audio codecs
« on: March 01, 2012, 10:27:13 am »

Would it be possible in a future build to display which Movie / TV Show has what audio codec ie.. DTS-HD MA / Dolby TrueHD / Dolby Digital 5.1 and so on?

From MrHaugen:

No, not in a nice way. You can add fields like resolution. You can probably find some info on the sound as well, but there's no nice way of showing the properties you like in the way you like. I've never noticed something like this at least.

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature Request: Tags for lossless audio codecs
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 04:37:00 pm »

You can extract the audio codec from [Compression]: RemoveRight(ListItem([Compression], 2, :), 1)

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 04:53:03 pm »

Keep in mind that may not populate this field with all the details you want, eg it stores just DTS for all the of the DTS family regardless if it is DTS, DTS-HD MA etc etc
JRiver CEO Elect

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 05:49:29 pm »

Keep in mind that may not populate this field with all the details you want, eg it stores just DTS for all the of the DTS family regardless if it is DTS, DTS-HD MA etc etc

Yeah, the [compression] field quite useless for DTS-HD MA. At least TrueHD registers as Unknown codec, so it gives you a clue. I'd like to see this fixed if possible because the OSD can show it when playing a video.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 06:09:24 pm »

Trouble is there are alot of Unknown Codecs, I find on my system that (and it is not a complete list):

Unknown --> DD+, TrueHD, PCM (some types), ADPCM
DTS --> Any of the DTS "family"

The ones referenced in the Compression Field include: PM3, PCM (some types), AC3, MPEG-2, FLAC, LPCM, WMA (incl Version #), Vorbis2, raw, MP4 AAC, LAV AAC ADTS.  Oddly some also have the word "Audio" behind it while most don't (eg "DTS Audio" instead of just "DTS") and FLAC is called "FLAC Framed"
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up