INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bluray concert collection  (Read 1429 times)

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
Bluray concert collection
« on: May 24, 2012, 07:18:49 pm »

Keep coming back to jriver. With each new release I'm hastingly reading through the change log and hunt for the full menu support for Bluray. Aaargghh still not there.
So I just would fish for some ideas. (if full menu support is not going to happen anytime soon). I have over 100 Bluray of music or concerts. They are all ripped to ISO. Listening to single music tracks and switching through the various concerts in no time is what I do most. Without full menu support this is a painfull exercise as I never really now which song is which track.
Is there another way I should archive the bd's. I'm an absolute mkv newbie but I guessed this would be the best and manually rename each track ?  Any idea is welcome
Will take me some time to take out the bd boxes and reencode the whole thing but the audio/video quality of mc is worth it.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Bluray concert collection
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 07:21:29 pm »

If you rip to a BDMV folder (our recommended approach), you can split the Bluray into particles and play individual pieces (songs in a concert, trailers, etc.).

However, I'm not sure if particles will work with ISO files.  My guess is they won't.

Sorry to not have a better answer.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 07:28:47 pm »

Matt, Thanks for the turbo-answer. I'll try that. Ripping the whole collection to bdmv is an easy one as mounted iso's will be rapidly processed. Do I get to correctly ? There's no way mc will be able to read full bd menus ?

Oh and almost forgot : sacd iso support. Brilliant !!! My LINN akurate starts to worry

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 07:57:23 pm »

Sorry to not have a better answer.

I don't know if there would be additional complications in supporting BD, but I suggested a solution here using MKV, which evolved into this recommendation...

We want the ability to...
  • specify chapters in a text sidecar file, and
  • choose a chapter from a list of chapters using the OSD.

...for basic support of chapters. Note that without (2), even adding chapter data to an MKV using other tools instead of (1) won't help much—because they won't be available in the OSD. I may be missing something, but this doesn't seem to the sort of thing that would be difficult to implement. And while it would be most useful for concert videos, the same technique could be used to add chapter markings for any purpose (e.g., breaking a vacation video into days, locations or events—just by adding the data via a sidecar file).
Pages: [1]   Go Up