INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What are the majour changes between 7.2 and 8.0?  (Read 706 times)

Dreamssoft

What are the majour changes between 7.2 and 8.0?
« on: May 09, 2002, 05:44:37 am »

I was wondering what the majour changes are between 7.2 and 8.0 are that would justify buying media jukebox again... i bought 6.0 a while back and upgraded to 7.2, but i was rather distraught to hear that I'd be paying for the upgrade yet the 7.2 users didnt have too. If i had waited one month to buy 7.2 i wouldn't have had to. How much is the upgrade and is it worth it and why is it worth it is basically what im asking.

ZRocker

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:What are the majour changes between 7.2 and 8.0?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2002, 05:53:37 am »

What's New in Media Jukebox?

New in Media Jukebox 8

• Better Organization. Faster, easier and more powerful file organization
  • Send To bar. Used to easily add files to a playlist, to Playing Now, or even to a device. Double-clicking on files will automatically send them to whatever destination you have chosen.
  • More flexible Media View. Now you can customize Media View to include custom fields, file location, and playlists, among other things
  • Simplified Interface
  • Inline File(s) Property Editing. Edit all fields from the content view.
  • Support for CD and DVD Database
  • Integrated CD Labeler Media Jukebox now has it's own labeler, that will automatically fill in fields for you.
  • Visualizations. Highly improved and customizable visualizations.
  • Visualization Studio. Create your own visualizations with this new tool.
  • New Freeform "mini-me" Skins. Media Jukebox now offers new "mini-me" modes, with it's own skins.
  • Expansive Id3 Tag Support. More flexibility with tagging. Can now remove tags, and save all fields into extended id3 v2 tags (including replay gain, custom fields, and rating)
  • On-the-fly Encoding
  • MEGA-ME Skins
  • ...100s of other nice things too!

Gatobrit

• Citizen of the Universe
    • Home Theatre, Walking, Fischer Bitter
    RE:What are the majour changes between 7.2 and 8.0?
    « Reply #2 on: May 09, 2002, 05:58:02 am »

Add to that excellent list...

Replay Gain - controls the relative volume of  music so that quiet and loud tracks are evened out. Stops you constantly reaching for the volume knob. (

I purchased v6 some time ago. Apart from the other items listed here Replay Gain was worth $24.95 to me.
    Namaste,
    John
    Pages: [1]   Go Up