INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video conversion over network question?  (Read 773 times)

Bengi010

• World Citizen
Video conversion over network question?
« on: February 27, 2012, 10:44:38 pm »

I'm wondering if it is possible to have seperate settings for the network video conversion depending on where it's being accessed from.  I use MC as a server for the whole house so I want all the tvs and computers to get unconverted video, but when I try to access a video from gizmo on my phone it buffers constantly.  So is there a way to convert video just for gizmo?
Intel Core i-5 6600K, Asus Z170-A ATX Motherboard, Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, Asus Xonar Essence STX,
                                          Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 1000w PSU, Lian-Li PC-B25F ATX Tower,
                                   Dell S2716DG G-Sync Monitor & AOC 2230 Monitor, Corsair Hydro H60 Cooler,
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

struct

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Video conversion over network question?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 11:32:15 pm »

I would love this also.  My ADSL upload rate is quite limited and thus when I am serving out of the LAN (typically to gizmo) I would like to ensure that there is conversion.  A settings option in Gizmo to tell the server when to convert and with what settings would be a great.  When I am in the house I can say "Do not convert", when outside the LAN, I can choose from a set of default choices that are defined on the server but available from Gizmo.

Craig
Pages: [1]   Go Up