INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Fixed]Theater View "Sheet" list style only meant for Audio?  (Read 1029 times)

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
[Fixed]Theater View "Sheet" list style only meant for Audio?
« on: February 28, 2012, 07:08:35 am »

I've never gotten any answers to this, so here we go again.

The List style called Sheet is today only shown with perfect square shapes. No matter what types of images that is shown. Resulting in cut off images on both Movie/Series covers (top and bottom) and thumbnails (sides). Only thing who looks good here are Album art for Music. Movie and Series covers are especially bad, with much of the title text and cover graphics removed. This makes the Sheet style almost useless for movies and series, as well as crippled for thumbnails.

Could you pretty please look at some logic to figure out what shape to present the images in? If I'm not mistaken there are already in place some logic to find the picture orientations in other parts of MC. So, my suggestion would be very simple:

- All images in view Square shaped, or a mix of different shapes..... Keep Square size
- All images in view Horizontal rectangle..... Set image shape to horizontal rectangle
- All images in view Vertical rectangle..... Set image shape to vertical rectangle

It's a shame to have such a good list type, that is not useful for more than 1/3 of the media..
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Theater View "Sheet" list style only meant for Audio?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 04:59:40 pm »

In a coming build:
Changed: Theater View sheet list style adapts the image aspect ratio like other lists (instead of always using squares).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 09:07:06 pm »

In a coming build:
Changed: Theater View sheet list style adapts the image aspect ratio like other lists (instead of always using squares).

Thanks!

MrHaugen

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 02:20:59 am »

Awesome!! This will be great to use for videos. Thanks!

*EDIT*
It works  perfectly for Thumbnails now, and almost perfectly for video covers. Only a few covers that gets some pixel of the top, bottom and sides cut of. It's probably because of slight variations in the cover sizes, and MC uses the smallest width or hight on covers on each row and column as a standard for all other covers right? I guess this is just the way it have to be. I can't think of a better solution. Filling covers with for example a solid color would look very strange at times. The same if you could see the background. So, this is good.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up