INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AUser: Free space on a handheld device  (Read 878 times)

AUser

• Junior Woodchuck
AUser: Free space on a handheld device
« on: February 26, 2012, 06:39:19 am »

Handheld devices

If you've managed the files on it through anything else apart from MC (eg deleted files off if while at work) there appears to be now way of getting MC to just recheck the free space on the device
You can get in a situation where MC won't let you add any files, reporting that the device is xMb over capacity

If you've deleted everything off the device, there's nothing for MC to delete and you can't add any more, and you can't get it to realize that there's free space

Please can we at least get the refresh button to recheck the free space

[edit]
Quitting MC, deleting the 2 RJiver files off the device and restarting MC works, but it's kind of 'hacky'

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: AUser: Free space on a handheld device
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 12:30:04 pm »

If you make changes to a device outside Media Center while the program is running, you must either:

1) Restart Media Center
or
2) Unplug and replug the device

There should never be a need to delete the JRiver database that's stored at the root of the device.  That is only there to help performance, and will not cause problems with stale results.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: AUser: Free space on a handheld device
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 12:35:13 pm »

Jim pointed out to me that you said "(eg deleted files off if while at work)" which certainly sounds like you're unplugging and replugging the device.

So I can't explain or reproduce the problem.  Could you tell me a little more about the device, like what it is and what size it is?  Also, how much free space does it have before and after you do the external delete?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up