INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Output Mode only allows Kernel Streaming  (Read 927 times)

wileydog

• Recent member
Audio Output Mode only allows Kernel Streaming
« on: February 29, 2012, 10:06:43 am »

MC will not play back audio from my music library with a message saying there are playback problems.  First, I have tested the speakers via the control panel and they work. Next I went into Tools>Options>Audio>Audio Output, and discovered I am now in Kernel Streaming mode. I was using WASAPI Event Style with no problems and would like to get back to that.  However, when I click on Kernel Streaming from the Audio Output screen,  there are no other options.  Also, when I click on DSP studio, a small little box comes up and I am unable to view/change settings.  Of note, I performed a registry clean-up and the problem seems to have started since then.  Any ideas?

mbagge

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Audio Output Mode only allows Kernel Streaming
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 10:12:38 am »

You probably have to reinstall your audio drivers.
(Many reg cleanup programs are made in Hell)

wileydog

• Recent member
Re: Audio Output Mode only allows Kernel Streaming
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 09:42:06 pm »

I reinstalled the drivers but that had no effect.  Next, I reinstalled MC17 on top of the existing install.  That did the trick.  I didn't lose any file structure, playlist, plug-ins, etc. and the Audio Output dialogue box came back with the full set of options.  I switched back to WASAPI-Event and, voila!,  problem solved.  The whole process of downloading MC17 and reinstall took 5 min max.  MC17 is a very robust program.

I shudder to think what the registry clean-up program has done to the other programs on my computer.  I guess I'll find out over time.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up