INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Show integration help  (Read 891 times)

kaiynne

• World Citizen
  • I Changed this by choosing profile
TV Show integration help
« on: March 01, 2012, 12:52:05 am »

I finally have all of my music integrated back into MC again, now I am looking to get my TV shows setup as well so that I can use MC exclusively instead of XBMC for video and MC for audio.  Here is my setup currently;

Shows start in holding folder
therenamer set to run
files moved into respective folders on my NAS
TV/Series/season/epsiode.mkv is the file structure
XBMC is currently set to update library when a new file hits that folder, is there functionality in MC for this?  Because based on my first update I needed to run the TV show information setting to get the data in, if this can be automated then that works though.

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: TV Show integration help
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 03:05:41 am »

This can be totally automated. There is a few shortcomings to the online meta data scraper like aired data and genre(?). But that will come eventually I hope.

You should create the episode files with Series name as well as season and episode number. You can probably make this "therenamer" to add this things? If not, you can drop it all together. The Carnac system will detect the Series name and season/episode properly in most cases, and the online meta data system will retrieve data and images. For this auto import and meta data lookup to work however, you need to enable this under "File - Library - Import - Configure Auto Import". Add the TV folder for auto import, and it will pick up files as soon as they are added. Settings you'll need to add is Get Cover Art and Get movie & TV info.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up