INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Juli@ problem. Audio drops out.  (Read 3245 times)

Denti

• Citizen of the Universe
Juli@ problem. Audio drops out.
« on: February 16, 2012, 08:53:41 am »

Using windows vista with Juli@. MC set to WASAPI, output at 24 bits unconverted to 192. This has been the most stable setting for me with the best sound. But  audio drops out suddenly every so often.no discernible pattern. Actually audio does not so much drop out as simply stop. I have to click play to get it going again, and sometimes this starts the track back at the beginning.

Any ideas as to what's causing this?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Audio drops out ... Help
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 09:43:11 am »

Please try WASAPI - Event Style if you're not.  It is a better choice when the hardware supports it.  More here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/WASAPI
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Denti

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 01:33:05 pm »

Can't do it. I get noise with it. Other suggestions?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 01:42:29 pm »

Try a search here for the device.  There is at least one thread on it.

Denti

Re: Juli@ problem. Audio drops out.
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 01:47:35 pm »

Sound doesn't do this for any other program, so it can't be the audio card, or?

BayensF

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 01:19:01 am »

Hi,

Nice to know more people use Juli@. It's a great soundcard. I use it with W7 and in Stereo. I have the best sound quality with Directsound. It seems that every software also J River sound different with ASIO, WASAPI etc. I have seen an article in a German Magazine were they heave tested it, so if you can try Directsound, it's fully part of the Windos environment and should work without a problem, if it does not make sure you have the latest drivers for Julia@
When it work with Directsound the next step is to use ASIO, this is today my setting. Take time also to read the great article about JRiver Media 17 in Detail on ComputerAudiophile. I start using "Internal Volume" and it make a big difference at low volumes. Before my speakers start rocking after 50% volume, now it's independent from volume setting.

Listener

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 11:50:09 pm »

Using windows vista with Juli@. MC set to WASAPI, output at 24 bits unconverted to 192. This has been the most stable setting for me with the best sound. But  audio drops out suddenly every so often.no discernible pattern. Actually audio does not so much drop out as simply stop. I have to click play to get it going again, and sometimes this starts the track back at the beginning.

Any ideas as to what's causing this?

More details might help us.

analog output , Digital (coax or optical)?
PC hardware:
  CPU (Intel or AMD), model, clock speed
  amount of RAM?
  where are your music files located?

anti-virus s/w?

One possibility for the cause of the symptoms you describe is that audio data is sometimes not delivered to the DAC chip on time.  The slowdown may be happening at any of several places from retrieving audio data from the music file, through the JRiver application or in the driver software.  In all cases, you need to observe what's happening  in your PC when you hear an audio glitch.

If you are using a slow and not very powerful CPU, it may not be able to keep up with oversampling.

I'll comment on the next steps you might take after you report back.

Bill

pcstockton

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 07:10:59 pm »

If you are using a slow and not very powerful CPU, it may not be able to keep up with oversampling.

That would be my guess.  I have had ZERO problems with my Juli@ via ASIO and J River.  Can you try ASIO?

It works like a charm.

-Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

Ritana

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 10:08:49 pm »

I would suggest the same as above, while wasapi worked well in Foobar for some reason on the juli@ Asio is better in Media Center(where on foobar it was the other way around).  I even got wierd mp3 playback using WASAPI.
Pages: [1]   Go Up