INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Q: on views with UPnP/DLNA devices  (Read 1131 times)

davisford

• World Citizen
Q: on views with UPnP/DLNA devices
« on: May 04, 2012, 09:04:16 am »

Hi, I use MC (and have for many years) as my main source for music in the house playing through all of the devices: 1st Gen. Roku, XBox 360, PS3. 

I used to have a view defined that would group Artists by A-Z, and after a computer re-install / upgrade and fresh install of MC17  I have since lost those views.  Now when I browse Music with a DLNA device it gives me the default view, and it is painful to try to get to an artist that doesn't start with A since the list is so large.

I have tried adding some Views under Music like Music/MyView and specified Artist with grouping but it doesn't show up in the DLNA tree.  I can't remember how to do this, can someone give me a pointer on how to add a custom view that will show up in DLNA devices -- any idea why views I added don't show up (what am I doing wrong)?

Thanks

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Q: on views with UPnP/DLNA devices
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 09:43:40 am »

I assume you are changing the main MC views. The DLNA views are independently customizable (since you may require different views based on the device you are using).

Go into Tools->Options->Media Network->Add or configure DLNA servers->Pick the DLNA server (default is Generic DLNA) ->Customize views to change the view for a DLNA server.

davisford

• World Citizen
Re: Q: on views with UPnP/DLNA devices
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 10:15:32 am »

Thanks Bob -- that's what I was looking for.  Had to restart MC for it to take my changes, but it is working now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up