INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't update filename from tags  (Read 711 times)

beat-breaker

• Recent member
Can't update filename from tags
« on: March 03, 2012, 12:57:43 pm »

Hi,

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I've recently noticed that if I change the tags (for example, the name of the track), the filename is not being updated.

What am I doing wrong, I'm sure this used to happen automatically!

Thanks

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can't update filename from tags
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 03:15:01 pm »

When you change a tag like Name, if the media type supports it and you have the option turned on, then MC writes the new Name tag to the file. This does not change the filename. To change a filename is always a manual process initiated by you using the Rename function where you can use the Name tag to specify the filename if you choose. Rename can be applied in one step to as many files as you wish, but be careful and make sure you know what you are doing before renaming your entire library. Perhaps you were think of iTunes which does have an option to rename files as soon as you change a tag?

beat-breaker

• Recent member
Re: Can't update filename from tags
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 04:20:39 am »

Thanks, that helped a lot.  It seemed that the template/rules I'd set-up for file renaming had disappeared and as I hadn't altered them for a long time I'd forgotten it was manual.  I was using the rename function but nothing was happening!!

All sorted, thanks a lot for your help
Pages: [1]   Go Up