INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Player Window Track Info  (Read 1274 times)

scm

• World Citizen
Player Window Track Info
« on: August 19, 2012, 12:46:16 pm »

I'm not the hugest fan of most of the "track info" display options in the player window.

However, I LOVE the Theater View playing now display, especially because it goes on the internet and searches for interesting images of the artist.

Is it possible to incorporate this same feature into the standard MC window view (not theater view)?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Player Window Track Info
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 01:50:03 pm »

Under Tools/General/Behavior, you can tell MC to jump to Theater View on playback.

scm

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 01:55:02 pm »

I don't want the actual theater view, but rather the "Playing Now" part of Theater View incorporated into the Standard View, so I can still work with the MC database in the regular window. 

I have 3 rows of split view enabled (with a monitor turned on its side so it's super tall) so I'd have the Player Window in one row and other rows showing whatever I am browsing, like my audio files in detailed view, for example.

What would be great is:

in the display, if I right click and under "Track Info" I could select an option which would activate the exact same display as the Theater View's "Playing Now."  Again, without actually going into full Theater View, because then I've lost my main MC Standard View window.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 02:15:06 pm »

I don't want the actual theater view, but rather the "Playing Now" part of Theater View incorporated into the Standard View, so I can still work with the MC database in the regular window. 
Please take a look.

scm

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 02:22:49 pm »

I did what you recommended and it goes into Theater View when I play an audio or video file, abandoning Standard View.

I'm suggesting a feature where that view would be displayed within the MC window in standard view, so I can still see all my other rows, menus, trees, etc. without using full Theater View.

(My Theater View setting sends it to my TV monitor.  But my Standard View setting displays the MC window on my computer monitor.  They are in 2 different rooms.  Therefore, going into FULL Theater View doesn't work for me for that reason as well.  But mainly, it's because I want to retain the wonderful browsing and searching capabilities the MC Standard View window provides, while enjoying the amazing "Playing Now" feature I see in Theater View.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up