INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Audio on DVD's  (Read 1806 times)

dogleg867

• Recent member
No Audio on DVD's
« on: June 09, 2012, 09:04:34 pm »

Hello to all MC Users;
I recently upgraded to version 17 and was not careful in transferring my settings over from version 16. Somewhere along the way, I caused a problem and my DVD's now have no audio. Every once in a while, I get one that brings up a region code error. I'm not sure how to fix this and I already deleted everything from Media Center 16. I've been through Video Settings and CD/DVD/BluRay a million times. Another problem that I believe to be related is this; I have Windows 7 set up to run 2 monitors (a 22" LG at the desktop, and my Sony Bravia out in the living room. Whenever I go to watch a DVD in the living room, I now have to go into the Display Settings and choose another setting (Extend These Displays), and then reset to (Duplicate The Displays) in order to get audio on the living room set. Also, since I've been experiencing this problem, I set Auto Play in Windows to use WMP for DVD's. I also changed the Auto Play settings in MC to "let Windows handle" DVD's and BluRay discs, but every time I insert a DVD, MC opens it. I posted a similar topic earlier this week and one person recommended that I update to the most recent version. I did that with no success. I'm really at my wit's end with this problem, in fact, I'm thinking about just using J River for audio playback, but I paid green money for version 17: it has the capability of playing DVD with audio, and it worked before (Honest, it did)!

mbagge

• Galactic Citizen
Re: No Audio on DVD's
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 09:34:28 am »

How do you connect your Sony ? HDMI cable ?
If so, do you have the audio driver installed that allows transferring audio on the HDMI connection ?

In general HDMI connections tends to challenge ones patience. It is very dynamic and the audio device disappears from your computer every time you turn off your TV.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 03:26:37 pm »

You might work through this:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Setup

Start with Windows, then do audio in MC, then video in MC.

Make sure you're using Red October Standard in Options > Video.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dogleg867

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 04:53:22 pm »

@ mbagge:The Sony is connected directly from the output on my computer to the living room set via. a 45' HDMI from Blue Jeans Cable. In Display Settings, I chose "Duplicate These Displays" which gives identical pictures on both sets, but you have to go into the Sound > Playback tab to select the between monitors and set either as the Default Device to get sound. My computer has 2 video outputs capable of HD quality; one is  the HDMI that the Sony is connected to and the other is a Display Port output that I use an adaptor to convert to HDMI. This connection does not pass audio, so I have an 1/8" stereo cable connected to bring sound to my primary monitor.
Pages: [1]   Go Up