INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Server - Intermittent Problems Connecting  (Read 867 times)

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Library Server - Intermittent Problems Connecting
« on: March 07, 2012, 04:26:20 pm »

I am started having intermittent problems with my 2 clients connecting to my server through the library server. Most of the time it works fine. Then for some reason, they seem to loose contact with the server.  Both are running 17.0.82.

I have 2 libraries defined on the client. When I select the first server  from Playing Now the display says

'Server1' is a client of the Library Client with the access key IRRUdj

The second one  says

'Server2' is a local server with the address 192.168.1.20;52199

The server is at ip 192.168.1.20. It is a fixed ip address.

When the connect malfunctions, the first server (Server1)  keeps trying to connect to 192.168.1.33 - which is not an ip address on the system. The second server (Server2) connects but gives a message that the database will be opened read only. And then it opens it and shows 0 files in the library.

If I then create a third library with the address 192.168.1.20;52199 is again tries to open it read only and then opens a library with 0 files.

If I reboot the server,  Server1 then correctly connects to 192,168,1,20;52199, but Server2 still does the read only and 0 files thing.

This is a relatively new problem and seems intermittent. However, during this time I always seem to be able to access the server from the client using Windows Explorer and can ping it without problem.

So, the questions are 1) where does the 192.168.1.33 address come from and why is it intermittent and 2) why do I get the read only message and then a library with 0 files?

Any suggestions are welcome. It would be easy to pass this off as a flaky network (which it may be) but I do not see the problem anywhere else.

Thanks for any help.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Library Server - Intermittent Problems Connecting
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 09:28:47 pm »

Looks like the Server2 error was due to me entering the ip address in the Local Library box rather than in the Library Server box. So, that was my mistake and is not a real problem.

However, the main problem of Server1 trying to connect to a bogus ip address still does not make sense to me. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up