INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Identify Tracks with non-Latin characters  (Read 1163 times)

Klaus_K

• Recent member
Identify Tracks with non-Latin characters
« on: March 06, 2012, 04:21:17 am »

Hi,

I have quite some tracks in my library (classical music) that have received name tags with non-Latin characters from various online sources during ripping (looks like chinese to me...). In the past I just did not care about them since I use my own custom tags for classical work identification. For the use on my mobile players I'd now like to clean-up these name tags. Is there an automatic way to easily identify tracks with those special characters/codepages?

Thanks for your help
Klaus

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Identify Tracks with non-Latin characters
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 05:07:03 pm »

Klaus_K - is this resolved for you?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Klaus_K

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 04:12:52 am »

I'm not sure how I'd need to define the range? In the meantime I tried to create smartlist using copied characters from some of the tags in question. By doing that I can at least roughly identify the albums affected.

It works for the moment, but I'll spend some time over the weekedn fiddling with the expression you proposed.

Thanks anyway
Klaus

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 10:38:13 am »

I'm not sure the IsRange function work easily, if at all, for this.

The easiest way is to create a panes view with an expression column, where the expression provides a means for you to see which track names contain chars within and without the Latin characters.

Create a new column, set the type to expression, and add the expression:

if(Regex([Name], /#[^ -~]#/), Contains non-ASCII, ASCII-only)

Then, in the pane view, you can select either value to see the two classes of track names, those with non-ASCII and those with ASCII-only.  This works by having the regular expression search the collated range of SPACE to TILDE, which in ASCII is all printable characters (and space) which I think is what you're looking for.  If not, the pattern can be modified easily enough to suit your needs.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up