INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theatre View by Folder  (Read 1592 times)

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)
Theatre View by Folder
« on: March 08, 2012, 10:53:48 am »

Hi there,

I often place files in diretories for my kids and they have their own unique directory.  I add new TV shows into it and after my kids watch the show, I move the file into a subdirectlry for that show.  This allows the kids to watch their favourite shows without havig to worry if there is a new episode as the epsiode is always in their directory.

In Standard View What I think I am trying to set up a new Video Type under TV SHOW called KIDS which should scan and include all items in a specific directory.  Do I do this under Library View?

What I did was Location:  Video\Types
Name: Kids
then under Customize view > Set Rules for File Display i Need the code for the rule.

I tried Filename (path) IS d:\kids but it comes up empty.

I then want to translate this into Theatre view as well.

Thanks for the help.  As I indicated in previous postings I am still new and am trying to learn the system quickly (in my limited amount of free time) so that I can ensure that JRiver does what i need it to  (I an wholey impressed with the software so far, just need to ensure that it works the way I do :)

Dave

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Theatre View by Folder
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 10:57:13 am »

Try STARTS WITH, not IS.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 11:33:31 am »

Genious... thanks that works for Standard view. Although the icon next to the new View (names Arlene) is a little movie camera rather than a DVD icon like in TV SHOW (I would have thought that this would be a category under TV SHow rather than its own category.

I was able to Add the view in Theatre mode but now see only the epside names.

I set up a caption to show the files which works for TV shows but does not show up for the New "Type" which is named "Arlene"

If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], TV Show), SPadNumber([Season],2) EPadNumber([Episode],2) [Name], [Name])

I also tried

If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], TV Show), SPadNumber([Season],2) EPadNumber([Episode],2) [Name], If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], Arlene), SPadNumber([Season],2) EPadNumber([Episode],2) [Name], [Name])

MrC

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 11:40:56 am »

You can change the tree's icon for a view under Customize View > Settings > Tree > Image.

MrC

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 11:48:57 am »

[Media Sub Type] is defined to only allow certain values, so your setting it to Arlene won't work I believe.

Perhaps you can use Genre, Keywords, or some other custom field you make.

See Media Sub Type here:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/File_Properties_%28tags%29

as well as the general description of fields.

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 12:04:08 pm »

hmmm.... is there any other way I could categorize the subtypes.  I could use "Other" but then I can not create other subtypes per family member.

Any other suggestions?

MrC

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 12:30:22 pm »

Media Sub Type is generally used to control various aspects of MC behavior (eg. supporting particular behavior for podcasts vs. any other audio).

It might be best to leave Media Sub Type set as would be typical, but create our own custom field for family members.  Your views can combine/switch off these fields.

You could create a list field that allows setting one or more family member's names, and your views could provide this as a basis for switching.  There are many different ways of doing this; the one you choose will be dictated mostly by what your family can/will do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up