INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you like to select tracks from an album (or playlist) by placing a check mark next to each track?

Yes
- 2 (40%)
No
- 3 (60%)
Yes w/ even better idea
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: March 16, 2012, 09:33:48 am

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Selecting Multiple Tracks from an Album or Playlist  (Read 1056 times)

wileydog

• Recent member
Selecting Multiple Tracks from an Album or Playlist
« on: March 01, 2012, 08:33:48 am »

Currently, in order to play your favorite tracks from an album, you need to drag and drop or you can use the shift and control keys to select tracks.  Drag and drop is simply cumbersome and using the control and shift keys is inelegant,  It would seem more intuitive to open up an album or artist that you want to listen to and simply check mark the tunes you want to play.  Therefore, a column should be added to the left of each track for this purpose.  An option can be preset to keep the selection(s) or clear them out when you are finished listening to the album.

NWLanding

• Recent member
Re: Selecting Multiple Tracks from an Album or Playlist
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 05:12:38 pm »

Currently, in order to play your favorite tracks from an album, you need to drag and drop or you can use the shift and control keys to select tracks.  Drag and drop is simply cumbersome and using the control and shift keys is inelegant,  It would seem more intuitive to open up an album or artist that you want to listen to and simply check mark the tunes you want to play.  Therefore, a column should be added to the left of each track for this purpose.  An option can be preset to keep the selection(s) or clear them out when you are finished listening to the album.

I don't drag and drop I simply use shift or control keys and highlight what I want, and use the right-click context menu to select my playback options. I've found the flexibility of this approach the most useful for my purposes.

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Selecting Multiple Tracks from an Album or Playlist
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 06:02:53 am »

Why do you really need this when you can do the same with double click, if you've just set the double click behavior to your taste?
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up