INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with TREMOTE  (Read 1639 times)

jlee3

Help with TREMOTE
« on: June 15, 2012, 07:13:30 pm »

HI,
I have MC 17 loaded on 2 PCs one with W7 as client and one with W8 as server. I want to use the client (as a remote) to control playback on the server. I have set up per your instructions:

"Run Media Server on the server.

Configure Media Network on the server. It can generate an Access Key.

On the client, do File/Library/Library Manager and Add Library. Enter the Access Key on the client.

Now you've loaded the library of the server on the client.

Under the client's Playing Now, the remote machine (the server) should show up. You can drag content to it or just click on it. Everything should then play on the server"

Everything looks ok but I get no playback from the server. The server library loads on the client fine and seems to play but no sound. Both PCs work fine playing on their own and each has an identical copy of the library. From search I found this:

"Put MC on both computers.

To hear music stored on computer A on computer B, under Playing Now, connect to computer A's library server and load the library. Play what you wish.
To hear music stored on computer A on computer A controlled by computer B do as above but play to the There: zone.

To hear music stored on computer B on computer A, select the music on computer B, then right-click  and do send to computer A."

For the 2nd scenario where is the zone. I don't see it. I have Media Network on the server set to show playback zones on the client.

Thanks for your help,

jlee3

Re: Help with TREMOTE
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 10:47:49 am »

Bump.

Also add that I can remote desktop from the client to the server and play music but still trying to user Tremote functionality.
Pages: [1]   Go Up