INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WD Live TV Plus + MC + ISO = "Unable to play the selected file."  (Read 1686 times)

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen

Hello,

I just got a WD Live TV Plus and can't seem to get it to work with all the DVD and Blu-ray iso files I have in my MC 17.0.103 library (DVD vob files in MC play fine, though, m2ts also do not work).  Both types of iso files will play as a Network Share, but not in MC, so the issue seems to be something with my configuration.  Here's what I have:

In Media Network, I have " . . . and Enable DLNA" checked and "Authentication" unchecked; in "Advanced" in that same window, I have DLNA Server, Renderer, and Controller all checked; and under "Video Conversion," I have "None."  Under "Add or Configure DLNA servers, I have "Generic DLNA," DLNA and DLNAExtra are both checked in "Advanced," under "Video," I have "Conversion:  Never Convert."  I wouldn't think I'd need to convert the video, since the WD Live TV Plus plays iso files (as I said, they work in the Network Share part), but I'd like to play everything through MC.  Any thoughts/suggestions?

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
Re: WD Live TV Plus + MC + ISO = "Unable to play the selected file."
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 10:13:04 pm »

See if this helps.

I have made a couple of updates to these to ensure that the .iso files will mount OK when the .iso file is on a server and you want to play on a client.

Playing .iso DVD and Blu-Ray rips with JRiver Media Center

1.  Go to Tools > Options > File types.  Under "Data", click on "Disk Image Files" and at the bottom of the window, select your preferred Playback Method from the drop down list.
    Automatic can be used on the server and will mount the .iso into VCD (Virtual Clone Drive).  If you use a different virtual drive, choose "Custom" and enter your program details.
    External Program (Custom) should be used on a client.  Browse to the folder where your virtual drive .exe file is and select that file.  For VCD, this will be
    Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe. 
2.  Go to Tools > CD, DVD & BD and, under "Auto-Play" for the relevant disc types, select Play.
3.  .iso files are currently treated as Data.   Your library import needs to include these file types.
4.  Go to Tools > Options > Library & Folders.  Under "Auto-Import, Configure auto-import, select the folder or folders where your .iso files are stored, click on Edit and ensure that the Data box is checked.
5.  Go to File > Library > Import and click on the Radar Button for "Run Auto-Import Now".  This may take a while to complete.
6.  In the left pane of the main window, click on Documents then Files.  Your .iso files should show in the right pane.  Right click on the title bar for the columns and check Media Type and Media Sub-Type in the drop down list.  This will cause these columns/Fields to show.
7.  For your .iso files, Media Type will show as Data.  Right click on Data and select Rename.  Select Video from the drop down list.  Right click on the blank entry in the Media Sub-Type column and select Rename and select Movie.
8.  You may need to rename the file.
9.  In the left pane, select Video then Files.  Scroll to find your file.
10. Right click on the file and select "Get Movie & TV Info" and select one of the data sources.  This will populate many of the fields and insert Cover Art.
11. In order to get these movies to play smoothly, it is necessary to use madVR to change the frame rate.  In madVR settings, under "devices" > "your display" > "display modes" enter the display modes requires for the movie types you have, e.g. 1080p24, 1080p50, 1080p60, 1080p59.
12. You are now done.  Double click the file and it should play.  It will take a few seconds for the image to be mounted and for play to start.

Jim, could you update the wiki please?

Nick.
Sean

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
Re: WD Live TV Plus + MC + ISO = "Unable to play the selected file."
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 11:12:32 pm »

Thanks for the reply. 

I had done most of this list already, but not the MadVR stuff.  How do you change the settings? Right now I have "Red October Standard" chosen, but I see that if I choose "Custom," I can get MadVR as a renderer.  However, I don't see any way of changing the frame rate.  What am I missing?
Pages: [1]   Go Up