INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: help a muppet  (Read 1855 times)

pdb33

• Recent member
help a muppet
« on: July 13, 2012, 07:55:22 am »

hello every one afther reading your forum for a while i got j river media centre 17 and installed on a old p4 3ghz htpc works great plays h264 ?codec at 1080p

but first off, every time i copy film to htpc and open file to change name internet explore crashs and media center closes but open same film in media centre and plays great

secound, I've set up two folders on hard drive called tv shows and films and told media centre were they are but i am getting films in tv section and i have a large seletion of the early doctor who show but media centre cant find any covers or information on them ive try naming them eg s2xe1 or s02xe01 or s2xe23 etc.  I've installed AutoMeta but no luck. i can google art work and link to show but i would like some inforation any help please in a simple way as i am a muppet thanks ;)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: help a muppet
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 08:06:11 am »

Problem 1 could be a virus checker.

Jong

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 08:16:23 am »

Do you mean "Windows Explorer" when you say it crashes?

pdb33

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 09:29:27 am »

yes sorry about spelling hard for me

Jong

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 09:35:19 am »

That is often a problem with a poor Windows Shell extension. Try using: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html

Jong

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 09:53:15 am »

To fix the first part of your second problem, open the Media Import for your TV Shows folder and click "Add" in the "Apply these tags" section. Then select "Media Subtype: TV Show" from the pop-up list. This will not automatically fix shows you have already imported though. You either need to do that manually or delete the import for that folder and create a new one with the right settings.

pdb33

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 10:33:17 am »

thank you all for your advice

pdb33

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 03:25:43 am »

hello sorry too ask again but i still cant get the naming and imformation and art work to work what am i doing wrone please form begining i transport a dr who folder with up to six parts in side to the tv show folder on hard drive then i go to tools and import one folder and press add for sub dir for tv shows then finish but when i go to see folder in media centre its just looks like film wheels  and nothink  click on more imformation form internet and i get a boxs saying shows numbering please explain how to number my shows ive been on thetvdb.com and now there is imformation out there any advice please as i do like this media centre thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up