INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 17.0.106 -- Available Here  (Read 7422 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Media Center 17.0.106 -- Available Here
« on: March 14, 2012, 09:56:45 am »

This is the latest version of MC 17.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

New Features in MC17

Upgrade Instructions

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v17/latest/MediaCenter170106.exe

17.0.106 (3/13/2012)

1. Changed: Updated to madVR v0.82.5 when using Red October HQ.
2. Changed: Updated LAV .49.  VC1 files now handled by LAV video decoder.
3. Fixed: Burn queue track sorting was broken.
4. NEW: Added support for DSD bitstreaming using DoP (requires 'WASAPI - Event Style' output and supported DSD hardware).
5. NEW: DSD bitstreaming using DoP allows selecting the marker bytes (supports DoP 1.0, and older 0xAA approach used by dCS, Meitner, and others).
6. Fixed: In some cases, text based subtitles could appear with multiple subtitles on top of one another.
7. Fixed: EPG guide loading was not working properly for countries other than the US.
8. Faster: Burning an audio CD when not decoding directly to disc prepares files several times faster.
9. NEW: Added expression FileFolder(...) to get the folder of a file: FileFolder(string Filename = [Filename, 0], int LevelsUp = 0).

17.0.105 (3/9/2012)

1. NEW: ISO image burning added to CD/DVD burn types.  Also, DVD video burning now allows burning an existing ripped DVD from the hard disk.
2. Changed: Added DLNA video profiles for devices that only support MPEG-2 audio in MPEG-2 video containers (no AC-3 support).

17.0.104 (3/8/2012)

1. Changed: Improved code structure / linkage so that JRWorker is 611kB smaller, Media Center is 353kB smaller, and PackageInstaller is 421kB smaller.
2. NEW: Added the ability to auto-create particles for Blu-ray titles.
3. Changed: Making changes to a particle no longer does any file tagging.
4. Changed: VST plugin loading will accept v1.x VST effects instead of only v2.x effects.
5. Changed: When creating a particle, a user interface is shown.
6. Changed: Using Rename, Move, & Copy Files will show "<file not supported>" for particles and do no actions on them.
7. Changed: When renaming the parent of particles, the particles are automatically updated.

17.0.103 (3/7/2012)

1. NEW: Added support for sidecar .SSA/.ASS subtitles (feedback welcome).
2. Changed: Added WebM Video (.webm) to the list of supported video types.
3. Changed: Added a DoP test clip to the test clip suite.
4. Changed: Updated to madVR v0.82.4 when using Red October HQ.
5. Changed: When changing resolutions, Media Center always toggles desktop composition to force Windows to update the desktop manager (previously it only did this when starting playback, not when stopping playback).
6. Changed: Revised the Help > System Info display (thanks to madshi for his help).

17.0.102 (3/6/2012)

1. Changed: Added the expression function ConvertDate(...) to convert a human readable date to the internal date format (example: ConvertDate(3/6/2012) or FormatDate(ConvertDate(3/6/2012), decade)).
2. Changed: Stack members are allowed to have discrete Playback Info, Playback Range, and Bookmark values.
3. Experimental: It's possible to create a particle of a file that plays a certain title, subtitles, aspect ratio, playback range etc. (Stacks > Advanced > Create Particle...).
4. Experimental: Added Stacks > Advanced > Auto Create DVD Title Particles to create a particle for each title on a DVD (so individual titles are playable).
5. Fixed: JRSS mixing was incorrectly handling 6.1 in certain cases (it was assuming L R C LFE BC SL SR instead of reading the channel mask).
6. Changed: Remove obsolete "no server header" advanced DLNA server option.
7. NEW: Add "enable bitrate field" advanced DLNA server option. Disabled by default because some devices break when they get it. Enable it for devices that can use it for seeking.
8. Fixed: prevent MC from trying to update tags on a remote file playing in the DLNA renderer or viewed by the DLNA controller.

17.0.101 (3/5/2012)

1. Changed: Improved television EPG loading interface.
2. Changed: Television view in Standard View shows series images for programs when available, and removes the 'Image...' button that predates automatic series art downloading (part of auto-import).
3. Changed: When using the Internet Explorer engine to render webpages in Standard View, IE's compatibility mode is no longer used.
4. Changed: Updated to madVR v0.82.1 when using Red October HQ.
5. Fixed: Exiting the ASIO configuration dialog could hang in some cases.
6. Changed: DLNA: altered the logic on SetNextAVTransportURI to better support the different possible renderer implementations.
7. NEW: DLNA: When in a DLNA zone AND we are not the controller (we didn't start playback) AND something is playing on the renderer device, try to get and display the MetaData from the renderer.

17.0.100 (3/5/2012)

Internal testing build

17.0.99 (3/2/2012)

1. Changed: Improved the workaround for the blue-screen crashes in the Thesycon (and possibly other) audio drivers when resetting with Kernel Streaming.
2. Changed: Reworked how full packet Kernel Streaming delivery is handled to work better with video (full packets are required or some drivers stall playback).
3. Changed: If video hardware acceleration is enabled, and Media Center detects an Intel Atom processor, DXVA2 Native mode is preferred over CUVID mode for hardware acceleration.
4. Fixed: DLNA search didn't work properly with servers/renderers that used the same port for both.

17.0.98 (3/1/2012)

1. Fixed: The remote control plugin was not included in build 97, leading to problems.
2. Fixed: Filename truncation could still unnecessarily truncate long fields.

17.0.97 (2/29/2012)

1. Fixed: DVB-S channel scan could produce wrong polarization value ("Linear Horizontal" was set to "Not Defined").
2. Changed: Revised how filenames that are too long for the file system are truncated (previously truncation could be too aggressive).
3. Fixed: The program could crash when the remote control feature was disabled.
4. Fixed: DVB-T/S/C channel scanning could crash in some cases.
5. Fixed: Stopping image playback while audio playback was in progress could cause a crash in build 96.

17.0.96 (2/28/2012)

1. Changed: Updated to madVR v0.81 with Red October HQ.
2. Changed: Gathering playback state and position information for a zone occurs in a background thread so a slow DLNA device or server can not cause user interface issues.
3. Faster: The threaded approach to display information updating allows running updates one tenth as much while providing smoother visual position incrementing.
4. Fixed: URL-based video playback was not working since build 94.
5. Changed: Kernel Streaming output no longer writes partial packets if there's a shortfall or at the end of a track but instead delivers a full packet with some silence (some drivers blue screen on partial packets).
6. Fixed: DVB-S channel scanning did not save modulation type value correctly.
7. Fixed: Theater View > Playing Now > Info could show the wrong track when first entering.
8. Changed: Video conversion for Gizmo / WebGizmo uses MP3 instead of AAC (works better with Android 4.0, maybe others).
9. NEW: Video conversion tool using Red October available on right-click menu (Library Tools/Convert Format).  The UI is mostly finished, the transcode profiles are not fully defined and may not give expected results. More to come.
10. Fixed: After deleting files from Playing Now, the selection could unexpectedly revert to the playing track.
11. Changed: Renamed Options > Media Network > Client Options > to 'Automatically sync changes made on client back to server' to 'Auto sync with server'.
12. Fixed: DVB-T/S/C channel scanning could crash in some cases.
13. Changed: Theater View sheet list style adapts the image aspect ratio like other lists (instead of always using squares).
14. Fixed: A few bugs in the DLNA renderer.
15. Changed: Added Media_Duration to GetMediaInfo for the DLNA renderer.

gappie

Re: JRiver Media Center 17.0.106 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 06:15:22 am »

i just ripped a few dvd's using mc... so to ifo etc.. when i play those and skip using the arrow or the playbar, mc hangs and i need to use CtrlAltDelete to stop it. a log is attached.

it works fine with mkv files..

what more:... im on xp. use advanced - custom red october with enhanced video renderer (as ive always done)

need to test a bit more?

:)
gab

edit: i just tried to play straight from the dvd and the same happens, for when that is important to know.

gkdaniels

• Recent member
Re: JRiver Media Center 17.0.106 -- Does not work with PopcornHour A200
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 05:15:16 pm »

***MOVED TO MEDIA NETWORK BOARD***

Accessing Media Center playlists (any playlist) from the PCH is limited to a single screen (15) of entries - i.e., any attempt to scroll to the second page of entries fails and a "No content found on server" message is displayed.

By reinstalling and retesting I have been able to verify that MC15, MC16 and MC17.0.33 work perfectly fine, but any version of MC17 at or above 17.0.96 does not.

Within Media Center I have the DLNA Server function configured to never convert audio or video and the only advanced item selected is DLNA.  The same setting were used for all of my testing.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 05:49:03 pm »

Try DLNA Extra.  Please post on the Media Network board.

gkdaniels

• Recent member
Re: JRiver Media Center 17.0.106 -- PopcornHour Not Working
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 07:02:15 am »

Tried DLNA Extra but it had no effect - problem still remains with all versions of MC at or above 17.0.96 (working fine at or below 17.0.33).

phoenix91

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 08:28:46 am »

The expression [=IsMissing([filename])]=1 shows all .cue imported tracks as missing.
But, the full-album file exists and MC17 playback of the "missing" tracks works fine  :)

The special treatment of .cue tracks in IsMissing() was enhanced some years ago (maybe MC13/14).
In MC17.0.106 only testing of physical track-files seems to work.

Castius

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 12:23:18 pm »

I notices a possible small bug with theater view and dual monitors.

Full screen is set to display #2
i switch to theater view it goes to display #2
i have a library item to a external application http://kylo.tv/
kylo opens on display #2
When i close Kylo
Theater view unhides on display #1

leoric

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 05:43:46 am »

Hangs at 0:00 of a 9th track of a single 3.6 GB .wv (imported via .cue, 6 channels/24 bit/96kHz). Previous 8 tracks played fine. Now MediaCenter 17.exe owns > 1.3 GB of memory (according to Task Manager) and I'm unable to end process even with Task Manager.
Output mode = WASAPI - Event, Exclusive. No DSP.

gworrel

• Recent member
Ripped disk uses last ripped disk thumbnail and filename
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 11:00:31 am »

I have had this happen a couple of times now. When I rip a Blu Ray disk, the screen goes to "Recently ripped."  Before ripping, I had retrieved the movie info. The Recently Ripped list displays the most recent rip with the correct name but with the just previously ripped thumbnail and the filename also shows the previous rip.

When I used Windows Explorer the files are in the right directory. This last time when I right-clicked, the Media Center option was not in Explorer. After downloading the latest version, the Explorer option returned. I had to re-import the movie, then delete the improper entry.

After installing the latest version, "Recently Ripped" was blank.

Another annoyance: When I go to Audio files and choose an artist like "Multiple Artists," and play all, it also includes audiobooks.  I realize audiobooks are audio but I don't want them mixed in with my music.  I am sure there is a way to exclude them but it is not intuitive.

Thanks.

lmurawski

• Recent member
Volume Slider disappearing - Application Volume
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 03:13:48 pm »

I have had the volume slider disappear a few times over the past week.  When I click the slider area, the track info area flashes 'Volume: N/A'.  I am still able to adjust the volume using with the Volume Mixer.  I am running Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

Restarting Media Center clears the issue (until it happens again).

Beamer

• Galactic Citizen
  • True wisdom is in knowing you know nothing
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 04:52:12 pm »

.wtv files judder when played on extended monitor.

Primary monitor plays smooth as silk.
The Future is Remote!

leoric

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 01:44:18 am »

Disable display for turning off still doesn't work for me. My config: Win7SP1, HD 3000, 2 monitors (1 via DVI, another via HDMI/receiver).

lmurawski

• Recent member
Re: Volume Slider disappearing - Application Volume
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2012, 06:55:58 am »

I have had the volume slider disappear a few times over the past week.  When I click the slider area, the track info area flashes 'Volume: N/A'.  I am still able to adjust the volume using with the Volume Mixer.  I am running Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

Restarting Media Center clears the issue (until it happens again).

It appears this happens when I remote desktop to the computer.

AUser

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2012, 10:04:59 am »

Localized dates seem a bit iffy (in the uk, with uk dates and times)

If i enter 01-03-2006 into the date field, it gets autocorrected to 03/01/2006
If i enter 01/03/2006 into the date field, it gets entered correctly as 01/03/2006

Curtis

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2012, 06:21:22 pm »

I am unable to load an mp3 into Media Editor with this version. The files appear to be decoding and opening, but no waveforms are visible when the file appears in Media Editor, nothing plays, etc. Rolled back to version 99 and Media Editor works again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up