INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Youtube download option missing  (Read 3529 times)

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Youtube download option missing
« on: March 11, 2012, 12:35:08 pm »

I want to start using Youtube to download some music videos. 'm using library clients to download the videos to a common share, and the videos should be auto imported with some rules.

The problem is that there are no way of only downloading the video. You have the options Show webpage, Use MC to play, Add as link to library, Download and add to library. This makes it pretty much impossible to use MC as a Youtube downloader as well as the automatic import rules to, in this case, set the Media Sub Type to Music Video and use expressions to puck up the tags from file names.

Would it be possible to add an option to ONLY download from this sources as well? Automatic import rules would do the rest..
Or is there some options here that I'm not picking up, that will enable my import rules with this options?
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
Re: Youtube download option missing
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 12:47:11 pm »

What version are you using I get the option to download with 17.0.105
Sean

MrHaugen

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 02:13:30 pm »

I've upgraded to build 105 now. Tried about 10 music videos and other stuff. I only get the 4 the 4 choices I mentioned. No "download only" :( Just the Download and add to library.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 02:31:25 pm »

I misread your original post but I am wondering what is wrong with "Download the file and add it to my library".
What is the reason for not wanting it added to your library? (just curious)
Sean

MrHaugen

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 02:59:37 pm »

When it's added directly to my library, I have no chance of running the import rules on it. Setting the Media Sub Type as Music Video, as well as using expression to pick up artist and name from the files. This is only possible to do while importing, as I know of, and I can't import this directly from the server. This has to be done from the client. I use clients, not servers for daily operations :)

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 03:08:11 pm »

I know this is a clunky solution but what about creating another library that you use when downloading that way you will still be able to use the auto import tools.
It would at least work as a temp solution until the change is made to the selection popup provided it does get changed.
Sean

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 03:14:37 pm »

Another possibility?  Maybe use, something like Firefox and FlashGot to auto-download certain file types when a page is visited?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 03:32:05 pm »

Library Tools > File Properties from Filename.
It's easy to convert filenames into tags. I use it all the time to tag downloaded Youtube music videos.

With all the great innovations in MC, very often we forget the basics ;D

MrHaugen

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 03:42:43 pm »

It's good suggestions, but unfortunatly they will not work that well for me.

- I do not use several libraries. That is not ease of use. I do this downloading at the same time as we listen to music, and discover new music. So switching is no good.
- Auto download is not an alternative either, as I want to be able to view things and see if I like it before I want to store it for later use
- Library tool is not an option, as this is something I have to use for bulk operations or each and every time I download a video. That is not a good solution

Only thing that would really solve this is another option to just download the files and not add them to the library. I hope this is something that can be considered. should be very easy option to add at least...
Pages: [1]   Go Up