INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Particles: Testing and Feedback  (Read 24789 times)

johncaul

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Particles: Testing and Feedback
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2012, 10:08:25 am »

I'm having a problem with particles and associated artwork. If i split a DVD of a TV series into particles and use "get movie & TV info..." the associated art work for each episode is saved as a VIDEO_TS.jpg in the relevant VIDEO_TS file. This means that all TV episodes associated with that folder then pull their art work from the same video_ts file so when viewed in theatre view all episodes have the same art work. Has anyone got any suggestions? Cheers. John

johncaul

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2012, 03:47:04 pm »

bump

johncaul

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2012, 11:38:25 am »

another bump. I guess this isn't a major issue but it's annoying nevertheless

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2012, 12:00:41 pm »

I'm not really sure how to handle sidecar artwork for particles.  All the particles have the same filename.

Any suggestions?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rick.ca

« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2012, 03:14:49 pm »

Any suggestions?

I don't know about particles in general. But if these episodes were separate files, they would most commonly be named Series S00E00.ext. If the implied fields have values, you could assume the particles represent episodes and name sidecars accordingly (i.e., using this as the root).

But I think the whole particle system is still too rough around the edges to be relied upon for this sort of thing. I would use something like MakeMKV to save each episode in a separate file.

vagskal

« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2012, 01:36:46 am »

I'm not really sure how to handle sidecar artwork for particles.  All the particles have the same filename.

Any suggestions?

I suggested this when the particles function was being developed:

Introduce a new cover art option "Always store cover art for particles in a specified folder". For particles always look for cover art first in the specified folder if this option is set, then inside the parent file and as a last resort next to the parent physical file. Otherwise it will be hard to keep embedded cover art in the parent file and different cover art for its particle(s).

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2012, 02:00:13 am »

Any suggestions?

Append the uniqueDB ID to the coverart file name
JRiver CEO Elect

torpadal

• Recent member
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2012, 03:49:01 pm »

I just tried this functionality now in ver.  17.0.186. I used AnyDVD HD to copy a BlueRay and a DVD with TV series on. It worked fine on the BlueRay but when I tried to play a particle of the DVD MC crashed. Any hints on why?

jgreen

« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2012, 10:03:20 am »

Did you try repeating the process with the DVD?  Make sure you have deleated all the bad particle bits first, and be sure to give your new particle a unique name. 

Did you create the particle from a specific episode, or try the entire DVD folder?

torpadal

• Recent member
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2012, 12:13:40 pm »

thanks for the reply. I did the same with the DVD as the BlueRay. The top file of the stack (the whole DVD) plays ok. Problem with all stack members. I have also tried to rename the stack members.

torpadal

• Recent member
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2012, 09:14:58 am »

Could you please see if you can reproduce the error I get?

- Use AnyDVD HD 'Rip Video DVD to Hardisk' to rip a DVD with a TV series on.
- Find the ifo file created (VIDEO_TS.dvd) in JRiver MC.
- Right click on this file and choose 'Stacks / Advanced / Auto Create BD/DVD Title Particles'.
- This creates several files with unique names.
- If I try to play the ifo file (says 'This is the top fie of a 6 item track' when hovering over it), it works fine.
- If I try to play any of the other files created, JRiver MC crash.
- I have now tried this method on several DVDs with the same result every time.
- I have also used the same method n a few BlueRay discs and that workedfine.
JRiver MC ver.17.0.186

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2012, 07:51:17 pm »

Is there anyway to have separate cover-art for each particle?  I've given up trying to play back DVD titles ripped to MKV files (MC has major stuttering issues with these on some of my systems), and have started just using full disk structure copies (MC doesn't stutter with these).  The problem is that several of the DVD's are multi-title disks where there are multiple DIFFERENT movies or TV shows on the same disk.  It looks like the DVD shares the same coverart for all titles on the disk, and I can't figure out how to make them match the actual movie or TV special represented by the particle.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2012, 11:30:00 am »

Find the coverart you want online and copy the URL.
Right click the particle and go to Cover Art > Paste from Clipboard.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2012, 12:53:00 pm »

Find the coverart you want online and copy the URL.
Right click the particle and go to Cover Art > Paste from Clipboard.

I know how to assign cover art, the problem is that the particles all still appear to be sharing the same cover art.  So if a DVD has 2 different movies or shows on it, the last particle to have cover art assigned replaces the cover art for the other particles.

Two examples would be:  How the Grinch Stole Christmas/Horton hears a Who.  The Steve Martin collection with 'The Lonely Guy' and 'Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid' on the same disc.

I did have the separate titles ripped to separate MKV files, but MC doesn't handle MPEG2 in an MKV container properly on all of my systems.  Trying to use full DVD copies and particles (since this does not seem to be a problem for MC on any of my systems), but I can't assign unique cover art for each title.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2012, 01:45:46 pm »

Earlier I created 1 particle of Wrath of the Titans to see if its cover art could be different than the original. It was. I now created another particle so I have the original and 2 particles. The cover art is different for all three in Standard View. In Theater View the cover art is different when browsing. However, if I select the first particle its cover art changes to that of the second particle. When unselected it reverts back to the cover art that I have assigned it. Are you getting the same behavior?

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2012, 09:54:00 am »

Earlier I created 1 particle of Wrath of the Titans to see if its cover art could be different than the original. It was. I now created another particle so I have the original and 2 particles. The cover art is different for all three in Standard View. In Theater View the cover art is different when browsing. However, if I select the first particle its cover art changes to that of the second particle. When unselected it reverts back to the cover art that I have assigned it. Are you getting the same behavior?

Is it a DVD or BluRay?  With DVD's, I can assign different cover art to each particle.  Each assignment replaces all previous assignments, but does not cause the created thumbnail to refresh right away.  As soon as the thumbnails refresh, they are all the same cover art.

I think the issue is that MC is still using the file name for cover art filename of DVD particles instead of a mix of filename and title number.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2012, 11:29:32 am »

It is a Blu-ray. I just checked the particles again and they still have different cover art showing. You could post this as a bug in the latest build thread.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up