INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wizard for configuring zones  (Read 887 times)

rlebrette

Wizard for configuring zones
« on: March 13, 2012, 01:07:17 am »

Some weeks ago someone has started a discussion about making MC more easy to use. Since I'm a technical person, I've always found MC easy to configure.
But these latest weeks I've spent a lot of time to help several new "non technical" (French) users to setup their environment.
Not that the options are difficult to found but because MC is so rich that they just don't find how to correctly set it up.
Some of them have just gave up because they didn't find the way to do what the wanted to do. And you know that's always the first impression that makes the software popularity.

I think it would be very valuable for MC to create some kind of wizard that helps the user to decide what will be done in term of audio/video setup.
This wizard could propose to select the audio interface, to set correctly the audio processing with some easy explanation, choose whether the bitstreaming is activated or not, the digital room correction, etc.
More the wizard could add some information about how the step can be achieved via the interface.

What do you think?

audioriver

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Wizard for configuring zones
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 04:42:19 am »

+1, I was also frustrated at first with the interface (still haven't figured everything out). I'm sure many people would appreciate, for example, a 'dumb' Winamp-like audio preset, with just a current playlist window, a search bar that always searches the entire audio library, and a window with the search results.
Windows 10 Pro x64
Pages: [1]   Go Up