INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: nMedium: Windows Phone remote control for MC **Version 2.0**  (Read 58768 times)

DavidDahl

• Recent member
Re: nMedium: Windows Phone remote control for MC **UPDATED**
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2013, 09:57:00 am »

Hello,

I've downloaded and installed version 1.4 on my Nokia 928.

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to format the connection settings.  I have the access key, IP address, and port information.  (Example: ReFFtq, 192.168.1.5, 52199)

I am hopeful that somebody can spell out, exactly, how to format the information to put into the nMedium app.

Thanks!

-David

DavidDahl

• Recent member
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2013, 10:00:55 am »

Well,

As is often the case, I have figured out the answer to a question moments after posting it online.  It turns out that I only needed to enter the access key and not the IP address or port information. 

It may be worthwhile to update the app so that it is clear what information is needed.  Right now it states: Access key / IP & Port:

-David

cbee

« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2014, 01:09:31 pm »

Just started using this and works well except I cannot rate the files. Is there a setting in JRiver I have to alter?

GrantDG

• World Citizen
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2014, 02:47:15 pm »

Just started using this and works well except I cannot rate the files. Is there a setting in JRiver I have to alter?

Rating should 'just work' - as long as you can launch nMedium and access the server, you can rate tracks.

Having said that - there is a current bug in nMedium that ratings will sometimes not 'stick'. This is fixed in the next (major) release of nMedium - and should be available in a few weeks.

As a work around - you can rate files by going to the 'Edit' screen.

Note also :- J River as a slight rendering bug that when a rating IS updated externally, the listing screen will not update the stars until you mouse over the track.
Looking to control J River Media Center from your Windows Phone?: Look for nMedium & nMedium Play in the WP store

Krunchy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2014, 04:42:10 am »

Just a word to say that it works fines for me (connecting, rating,...)
And happy to hear that the project is still on. Hope we will soon discover new nice fonctions :)

GrantDG

• World Citizen
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2014, 06:16:17 am »

Hope we will soon discover new nice fonctions :)

The next version of nMedium has been sent for certification - should be out in a few days - many new improvements...

Of course, if there's anything you'd like added - feel free to ask on here!
Looking to control J River Media Center from your Windows Phone?: Look for nMedium & nMedium Play in the WP store

GrantDG

• World Citizen
Re: nMedium: Windows Phone remote control for MC **Version 2.0**
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2014, 04:28:37 pm »

Version 2.0 brings many changes, big and small to nMedium.

• New icon and launch screen
  • Refinements to look and feel
  • 'Edit' has been renamed to 'Tag' - to match with the J River taxonomy
  • Tagging hides read-only fields by default
  • Tagging adds more 'auto suggest' capability, including the ability to do auto suggest on list fields
  • You can now change the target zone from most places within the application (zone selection moved to the top right of most screens)**
  • You can return quickly to 'playing now' from any library screen
  • You can turn off library jumps lists for any library view (useful for views which are sorted on the server)
  • nMedium now supports tagging of images and videos

Also, we've implemented an error reporting system. If nMedium is going to crash, it will ask if you'd like to send an email to the developer about the crash - very helpful to all for adding stability to the software.

**Valid for multi zone systmes

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2014, 04:44:30 am »

Great to see all the improvements of nMediumPlay made their way straight to nMedium! Thanks for this nice update!

One thing: there is a settings page called "playback" where I can set the encoding quality for files. I think it unnecessary in nMedium and should only be accessible in nMediumPlay.

GrantDG

• World Citizen
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2014, 06:08:34 pm »

nMedium 2.0.7.0 has been released to the store.

This version add a completely revised first-time start-up process, and completely reworks server setup.

It also adds the ability to connect via a fully qualified domain name (in addition to the previous Access Key and IP address connections)

One thing: there is a settings page called "playback" where I can set the encoding quality for files. I think it unnecessary in nMedium and should only be accessible in nMediumPlay.

The above issue is also fixed

GrantDG

• World Citizen
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2014, 03:19:08 pm »

Version 2.1 of nMedium has been released to the store... lots of updates and enhancements in this release

Images
  • Full screen preview now supports multiple images, flick gestures, more zoom and a 'photo list' view
  • Updates to the image thumbnails view (including full support for video thumbnails, single click full screen view and the ability to launch the full screen view with multiple images)

General
  • Changing to a new server immediately updates nMedium to point to the new server (used to require a restart)
  • Updates to the Search screen
  • You can now 'Mute' server playback
  • When tagging a file, you don't need to move away from a field to save it's changes
  • Library views now show thumbnails

GrantDG

• World Citizen
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2014, 06:29:19 pm »

nMedium version 2.2. has been released to the store.

Changes in this version:

- Library browsing speed has been increased
- Add some extra helper buttons/actions to track and image view screens
- Server setup / connection provides more details about the server you are connecting to
- In a multi-server setup, if connecting to a server fails, you will be asked to connect to another server

Ashfall

• World Citizen
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2014, 08:36:33 pm »

I just started using nMedium Play and think it's wonderful.  The music quality streaming on my local wireless is really good with headphones.

Anyway, any chance of adding Magic Packet support to wake the HTPC when the app starts up?

Thanks!

GrantDG

• World Citizen
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2014, 08:42:43 pm »

I just started using nMedium Play and think it's wonderful.  The music quality streaming on my local wireless is really good with headphones.

Anyway, any chance of adding Magic Packet support to wake the HTPC when the app starts up?

Thanks for the feedback Ashfall.

Cool idea - I'll do some investigation!

GrantDG

• World Citizen
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2014, 05:17:12 pm »

nMedium version 2.2.1 has been released to the store

• Fixes for issues with selecting 'Replace playing now' from Search and Track listings
  • Initiating playback from search would fail if the search value contained special characters
  • Search values/results will be maintained if you go to tag a search result track

GrantDG

• World Citizen
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2014, 08:32:39 pm »

nMedium version 2.3 has been released to the store.

This version adds the ability to save the 'playing now' list as a playlist on the server
There's also a few bug fixes and stability irovements

TCube

« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2014, 04:30:51 am »

Sorry wrong topic .. back to NMedium Play  :P

GrantDG

• World Citizen
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2014, 10:05:40 pm »

Version 2.4 of nMedium has been released to the store

- Support for new Media Sub Types
- nMedium now has the ability to manage linked Zones (Link / Unlink) via the Zone picker.
- Some bug fixes and stability improvements

goatherder

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2014, 06:05:03 pm »

Quick question - I've just revisited nMedium recently. Just to confirm, I need to buy nMedium Play for on-phone playback? And does it work with a public IP address?

If so, I'll get it - and thanx for sticking with WP. Can't be easy lol

Abarth

• Recent member
« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2014, 12:39:28 pm »

Hi!

I'm trying out JRiver, and looked for a WP8 remote.
Found nMedium Play, which I'm evaluating right now.

One Feature I saw in a Blackberry 10 app for JRiver was "Wake on Lan" for the Server.

I saw a proposal here in this thread to implement, but I think it is not (yet?) implemented?

For reference, I'm using this WP8 app to wake up my PC:
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/wol/988d386c-9ec2-4f05-b22b-a972c78a4d49

It does work only on LAN. For me, it would suffice anyway.
Any Chance we get this Feature?

Thank you!

GrantDG

• World Citizen
« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2014, 07:19:03 pm »

The latest version of nMedium (2.6) has been released to the store.  

Changes include:
  • New setting added which allows you to select the default page which is shown when you launch nMedium
  • Stability improvements

arthur071169

• Recent member
nMedium Play
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2014, 04:14:21 am »

:) :) :)
Just bought the above after having direct email contact with the developer (which was a breeze, I had actually used the version that did not allow local playback (nMedium) on my phone and used the link within the app)..
He suggested I try his other product, 'nMedium Play'.
It is fantastic.  A direct replacement for JRemote on my Iphone.  This looks fantastic on my Lumia 1520, and uses the windows interface very effectively.
I genuinely cannot offer enough praise, as I was spoiled by having my entire MC library able to stream to my iphone and thought i had lost this when I moved to Windows Phone.

Give this a try if you have a windows phone, as the other remotes I tested were just not as good.

I am replying to this topic, but if a moderator thinks it should be moved elsewhere i have no problems.

Arthur.

GrantDG

• World Citizen
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2014, 04:32:48 am »

Quick question - I've just revisited nMedium recently. Just to confirm, I need to buy nMedium Play for on-phone playback? And does it work with a public IP address?

Sorry - just seeing this (apparently you fall off notification from Yabb if you don't visit regularly)!

Yes - only nMedium Play supports local playback.
And yes - it works with a public IP address (or domain name or access key).

GrantDG

• World Citizen
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2014, 04:36:35 am »

I saw a proposal here in this thread to implement, but I think it is not (yet?) implemented?

For reference, I'm using this WP8 app to wake up my PC:
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/wol/988d386c-9ec2-4f05-b22b-a972c78a4d49

It does work only on LAN. For me, it would suffice anyway.
Any Chance we get this Feature?

Thank you!

I did investigate WOL, but I decided that it was really out of the scope of nMedium. There are apps out there (as you have mentioned) that are able to wake up a server if it's offline. The amount of work I'd have to do to enhance the nMedium startup process didn't seem appropriate.

nMedium can only work with a online server

Dieter Karner

• Recent member
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2014, 07:02:29 am »

I bought the app yesterday - which was a tricky Business as I'm from Austria..... would be something else to work on: make it truly global available.

So far I am quite impressed with this app and would like to express my gratitude to the developer for providing us MC Junkies with a solid app for remotely controlling our media collection.

There's this one tiny problem I have though:
I am as not able to stream photos directly to my networked TV. Audio and Video plays just fine on the big screen, but Photos always play directly on the phone, no matter what playback zone is activated.
Am I doing something wrong or do other people have the same issue?

regards

GrantDG

• World Citizen
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2014, 03:49:04 pm »

I bought the app yesterday - which was a tricky Business as I'm from Austria..... would be something else to work on: make it truly global available.

Sorry to hear you had trouble accessing nMedium on the store. nMedium is specifically released to the Austrian market (truthfully - it is released to ALL store markets) - Not sure why you had issues... glad you were able to get it tho!

So far I am quite impressed with this app and would like to express my gratitude to the developer for providing us MC Junkies with a solid app for remotely controlling our media collection.

Thanks!

There's this one tiny problem I have though:
I am as not able to stream photos directly to my networked TV. Audio and Video plays just fine on the big screen, but Photos always play directly on the phone, no matter what playback zone is activated.
Am I doing something wrong or do other people have the same issue?

The observed functionality is as per design. The main design goal of nMedium is 'remote' access of JRiver. Controlling photos on the same screen as the instance of JRiver seems better done via JRiver itself. Also, playback of photos on your phone seems a more beneficial use case for the app.

Hope this all helps

Dieter Karner

• Recent member
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2014, 02:52:18 am »

GrantDG,

looks like I posted to the wrong thread. This is about nMedium Play.

nMedium (play) is definitely not available in the regional store, I checked again. I had to by it from the US store.

@ photo playback:
I agree, that if I personally want to look at photos from the server (jriver), I rather look at them on the phone directly. However, any user should be savvy enough to select "My Device" as playback zone.
If I want to show pictures to the family then I must use the big screen, or the shared experience is rather limited.
Because of this (your?) design decision, I have to switch to webgizmo, or JRemote or use the clunky menu from the TV.

To me the current design is a restriction, something like parental control: "oh no you can't use the TV for that. You have to watch your photos on the mobile!"  ::)

I hope you see my point?

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re:
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2014, 03:41:42 am »

I too had some problems with regional store when nMedium first appeared. But for me it was more a problem related to the store search which was for some reason unable to find nMedium. Going to the US Store and changing to my regional store made nMedium appear there.

I'd of course call this a problem, because somebody searching nMedium wouldn't find it but for me it wasn't something the developer of nMedium could change.

Dieter Karner

• Recent member
« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2014, 01:35:17 am »

totally agree that this is not the program error. Just wanted to point out that there's something wrong with the distribution/store

MaschNe

« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2014, 11:23:57 am »

just downloaded the app. great work!! works fine ;D no problems. i`m using a lumia 920.

but one feature is missing. adjustable sliders for volume and position of a track would be cool.

eljr

• World Citizen
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2015, 02:44:42 pm »

how can I play two zones, same music, simultaneously?

bmoura

• Recent member
« Reply #80 on: June 11, 2015, 04:13:47 am »

What is the difference between nMedium and nMedium Play? 

eljr

• World Citizen
« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2015, 09:35:03 am »

nMedium Play will play your JRiver library over your phone. nMedium is strictly a remote control.

Abarth

• Recent member
« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2015, 07:56:07 am »

Now that W10 is out, and W10 for mobile is in sight, is there any chance this app will be updated to an unified app which will run on all form factors?
It would be great to have such an app on a tablet without the need to install complete JRiver.

Microsoft with this really has opened a huge field of possibilities to clever developers!

Abarth

• Recent member
Re:
« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2015, 06:26:42 pm »

Bump. I would pay for such an app....

GrantDG

• World Citizen
« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2015, 07:52:04 pm »

Now that W10 is out, and W10 for mobile is in sight, is there any chance this app will be updated to an unified app which will run on all form factors?
It would be great to have such an app on a tablet without the need to install complete JRiver.

Microsoft with this really has opened a huge field of possibilities to clever developers!

Sorry for the slow reply on this - I have been out of the country on holidays.

Yes - there is a plan to do this!

Abarth

• Recent member
« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2015, 07:56:41 am »

Thanks, I right now spotted that other post!

Exciting!

B73

• Recent member
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2015, 05:33:41 am »

Hello, can someone help me with that question concerning nMedium?

nMedium uses mobile network instead of WiFi:
I'm using the nMedium app for Windows Phone as a remote and I'm quite happy with it. Only problem is that nMedium always uses the mobile network instead of WiFi. There are no app settings to change this. Since this is the only app on my phone with this specific behaviour I'm confused. Is this typical for nMedium? Do I have to change any phone settings? Thank you!

Original thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=101336.msg702890#msg702890

B73

• Recent member
« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2016, 03:28:19 am »

Finally, I solved it by myself. Quite easy if you know it... It's not enough to use a 'guest' network only, it has to be exactly the same one. That's all.

Ashfall

• World Citizen
« Reply #88 on: September 12, 2016, 09:22:49 am »

I'm having a minor issue with nMedium Play version 2.6.2.0.

I've customized views for media network connected devices to match what I have configured for theater view.
This post illustrates the views:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,106984.msg743407.html#msg743407

When drilling down, it goes through Artists->Albums->Releases (year, label, country ,media)->Mix->Disc Subtitle.

In theater view, if any of those groups have only 1 member, or if any of those fields are empty (zero members in the grouping), that level is skipped.  This is also true for JRemote.

But in nMedium, each level is displayed even if there is only one member.  That part isn't too bad, but for my custom fields "Mix" and "Disc Subtitle", most albums have an empty tag for those, and nMedium displays a single "Unassigned" group that I have to traverse.

Can an option be added to skip levels with 1 or fewer groups?

Ashfall

• World Citizen
« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2016, 09:32:04 pm »

I was able to find a solution that works.  Instead of having all my additional groupings at individual levels, I just got rid of disc subtitle and consolidated the rest into one "album-release-mix" grouping.  Works fine for me.

bmoura

• Recent member
« Reply #90 on: March 05, 2017, 02:02:30 am »

GrantDG

• World Citizen
« Reply #91 on: March 05, 2017, 02:24:51 am »

nMedium allows you to control playback of your JRiver installation

nMedium Play additionally allows you to stream music / pictures / video to your phone.

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2017, 11:06:28 pm »

Hi GrantDG.
I have been using nMedium Play lately and am very impressed with it.
Would this be a good place for feature requests/suggestions?

GrantDG

• World Citizen
« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2017, 11:42:24 pm »

I have been using nMedium Play lately and am very impressed with it.

Thanks!

Would this be a good place for feature requests/suggestions?

Send me a direct message on here...

Goatshade

« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2017, 03:01:51 pm »

Are there any plans to add Theatre View remote functionality to this, as well as the ability to play to the phone?

GrantDG

• World Citizen
« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2017, 05:33:17 pm »

Are there any plans to add Theatre View remote functionality to this

None is planned (nor likely to happen)

as well as the ability to play to the phone?

Absolutely: Look up 'nMedium Play' in the store
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up