INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestion about Replay Gain  (Read 725 times)

marty3d

Suggestion about Replay Gain
« on: May 08, 2002, 02:34:41 am »

I am sitting and waiting for the Properties to finish browsing all my mp3s (takes 5-7 minutes) since I'm about to analyze the replay gain on some files I added recently.
Then I thought "Hey! Why wait for this? Couldn't this be done in a smoother way?" And I know that the discussion has been about putting the RG value in a column, but that was apparently somewhat difficult to do. But the values are stored in the database, right?
Possible solution to all our troubles: If it's stored like the rest of the info for the files, why not add it as an keyword for smartlists? Then you at least could make a smartlist like "RGvalue <> 0" or similar...great huh? Much easier to analyze those files than having to go through the whole library!

Input please!

marty3d

RE:Suggestion about Replay Gain
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2002, 03:53:28 am »

trying this one: bump!

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2002, 05:24:52 am »

Marty,
We're trying to get version 8 out the door.  Nothing new will be added to it, but please post this on the wish list.

Jim
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Gatobrit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Home Theatre, Walking, Fischer Bitter
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2002, 05:37:07 am »

marty3d - I have the same problem. I use the "unrated" feature to select the music I have imported recently via a Smartlist that selects a rating of '0', and then analyze the replay gain, rate and rename the files into the correct directories at the same time.

Takes a little personal discipline but otherwise the process works well.

I do second your suggestion for v9 though.
Namaste,
John

marty3d

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2002, 11:57:13 am »

Jim: I know....just nagging a bit to see the reaction Next Page Nah, I understand, and it's really not an issue, just a thought (yes I think a lot, it's my job to do it Next Page)

Gatobrit: Ouch! There is no room for such discipline in this head, I just analyze the songs when I remember to Next Page Besides that, I actually never understood the point of rating songs...to me they're differently good depending on which mood I'm in! Next Page
Pages: [1]   Go Up