INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with editing playlists from client PC - Bug?  (Read 1124 times)

Mediahome

• Junior Woodchuck
Problems with editing playlists from client PC - Bug?
« on: March 15, 2012, 02:02:09 pm »

My desktop PC is connected to the MC server using an Access Key and with "Auto sync with server" enabled.  I have a lot of problems trying to edit playlists from the client. When I add an new list and then rename it does not always get renamed. If I do successfully rename a list I often end up with both the new and old versions on the server.  This occurs even when I force a "Sync with Library Server".  If I do more than one or two changes MC on the client ends up crashing randomly. It was so bad that I ended up going to the server to make the changes that I wanted to do.

The problems are pretty obvious and repeatable even though they are random. The problems are so bad that I am surprised that I don't see other similar reports.  Can any one else repeat the problems?

The server is running Windows 2008 R2.  The client is running Windows 7.  Both were running MC 17.0.103.

Mediahome

wig

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problems with editing playlists from client PC
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 05:00:04 pm »

My desktop PC is connected to the MC server using an Access Key and with "Auto sync with server" enabled.  I have a lot of problems trying to edit playlists from the client. When I add an new list and then rename it does not always get renamed. If I do successfully rename a list I often end up with both the new and old versions on the server.  This occurs even when I force a "Sync with Library Server".  If I do more than one or two changes MC on the client ends up crashing randomly. It was so bad that I ended up going to the server to make the changes that I wanted to do.

The client has some editing limitations, and this is one of them. Playlist name changes don't get saved back to the server; at least they never have for me.

Editing the contents of a playlist works fine.

wig

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 05:31:48 pm »

I just ran a test (I haven't tried in several versions).

I renamed a playlist on the client. The playlist now appears in my library with both the original and new names.

I'm not sure if this is the intended behavior or not.  

Mediahome

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 12:37:11 pm »

Interesting. Is this considered to be a bug or a feature limitation? If you cannot reliably edit playlists from a client then it needs to be fixed or disabled. As it is, you have no idea that you are going to screw up your library doing something that is intuitive to do.

Mediahome
Pages: [1]   Go Up