INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zone setup  (Read 1687 times)

mkok

• Recent member
Zone setup
« on: March 16, 2012, 07:31:02 am »

I have setup two zones. One for audio that goes through my USB DAC and one for films that  tried changing this in the options
but it changed it for both zones. Is there a way to do this? Thanks

mbagge

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Zone setup
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 07:42:15 am »

Carefully selecting the relevant zone before making the settings should give you this functionality

audioriver

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 10:03:51 am »

Is the there a way to lock views with zones? I mean, is it possible for the interface to automatically show my "TV Channels" smartlist, when I switch to my "TV" zone for example?
Windows 10 Pro x64

mkok

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 10:35:22 am »

I am selecting the right zone. What is carefull selection?

So I'm in the right zone. I then go tools/options/general/features and disable video support. This is then disabled in all zones. No matter which zone I re-enable it in it get enabled in all zones.

I'm taking it that this is not the way to do this as in the video zone I want to disable the audio but there is no option to do that using the method above.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to do this? Thanks

gappie

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 10:38:26 am »

indeed that would not work.. what you do, is set the audio output for zone 1 then go to zone 2 and set the audio output to an other device...

does that help?

:)
gab

audioriver

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 10:41:09 am »

So I'm in the right zone. I then go tools/options/general/features and disable video support. This is then disabled in all zones. No matter which zone I re-enable it in it get enabled in all zones.
No, that's not the way to do it because in general/features you completely disable features, so they are unavailable in MC. You have to be a bit more specific about what you want for your 'Films' zone.
Windows 10 Pro x64

mkok

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 12:37:51 pm »

OK I think I have been misunderstood.

I have the audio output sorted for different zones. What I wanted to do is not have the audio library visible in the video zone and not have the video visible in the audio zone. Cheers

gappie

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 12:44:06 pm »

OK I think I have been misunderstood.

I have the audio output sorted for different zones. What I wanted to do is not have the audio library visible in the video zone and not have the video visible in the audio zone. Cheers
now that would be nice!! there are people who want the posebility to set zones for certain file types, like click a video and it would play in a video zone, but for me that would not be so interesting. but 'hanging' parts of the library to certain zones... that would be sweet.

:)
gab

mkok

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 01:07:09 pm »

ah right. Well not a big deal. I must admit I'm struggling along with the complexity of mc but the huge options is what makes it good

cheers  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up