INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: two audio libraries on NAS  (Read 696 times)

mkok

• Recent member
two audio libraries on NAS
« on: March 16, 2012, 07:39:11 am »

I'm struggling to work this out. On my NAS I have different logical drives. One is for video another for ripped cd and another audio for music i have recorded in the bands I have been in etc. I don't want these to appear in amongst all the ripped cd audio. What I would like is under the audio menu a choice of cd view or my recordings view. Same goes for ripped videos and my band videos. Hope you understand what I am getting at. Cheers

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: two audio libraries on NAS
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 12:13:06 pm »

Create one or more new panes view under Audio for your audio files, and under Video for your video.

In the view customize dialog, click Set rules for file display... and configure a Filename (path) rule that starts with the full path to your nas drive.  Example:

\\nas\path\to\ripped cds

this will limit the results for this view to only files whose path begins what that folder path.

Do likewise for other views.  This will yield new views under the desired media types.

You might also consider create a single view / media type, whose first column allows you to select which type of media you want to use.  You'd do this by using either an expression or search list column.  Ask if you want more help here.

Note: the view will inherit the limitation of the file types shown based upon the top-level media section (eg. Audio, Video, etc.) where you've placed the view.  A view can override this and show any media types.

See: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=68960.0
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

mkok

• Recent member
Re: two audio libraries on NAS
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 12:33:56 pm »

Thanks for the prompt reply I'll have a go. Cheers

yup that worked  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up