INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Volume control and output format music Cambridge Azur 851n  (Read 3667 times)

flespost

• Recent member

I recently installed Media Center 21.0.077 on a Mac Book Pro. I use a Drobo 851n with DLNA. On this nas, I have a library of 16 bit FLAC files. When I try to play these on my Cambridge Audio Azur 851n via Media Center, the flac-files are converted into 320 kbps mp3 and the volume control is fixed at 30% only.
I can change the option in respect of the conversion in Tools >> Media Network >> Audio Conversion, but this has no effect whatsoever.

So I now unfortunately have soft and low(er) quality music. I don't have this issue with PlugPlayer (which plays both the original flac-files and allows for volume control on the Azur 851n).

Does anyone maybe have a solution to these two problems?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Volume control and output format music Cambridge Azur 851n
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 09:27:08 am »

Try adding a DLNA profile with different options. Maybe the "24 bit audiophile" profile.

Tools > Options > Media Network > Add or configure DLNA servers > Add > (choose new profile here)

Now associate it with you DLNA renderer:

<right click on renderer in playing now> Associate with DNLA server > (choose newly created profile here)

Brian.

flespost

• Recent member
Re: Volume control and output format music Cambridge Azur 851n
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 05:51:18 am »

Hi Brian,

thank you very much for your assistance. This is indeed the solution, much appreciated!

Pages: [1]   Go Up