INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Server Recordings will not play on client  (Read 3486 times)

crawfofd

• World Citizen
Server Recordings will not play on client
« on: May 12, 2016, 07:51:51 pm »

I have been trying to get the client to play my server recordings, but what happens is that they take forever to load and then they start for a couple seconds then stop playing.

I can play live tv no problem. I can also play video files from the server that were not recorded. I do not have a virus protection program and I have turned off windows firewall with the same results. I have tried two different clients.

System is intel i5 with 8gb of memory. GigaByte ethernet.

If someone could point me in the right direction I will do the research.

Thanks for any help in advance

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Server Recordings will not play on client
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 08:30:19 pm »

What is the version of MC that you're using?

crawfofd

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 11:21:18 pm »

Sorry for the delay. I'm using the latest version. (JRiver Media Center 21.0.81)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 12:59:28 am »

I think there was a report of this some time back, possibly by imeric or tzr916.

I thought it was resolved with an update, but it may have been a problem with the environment. I'm pretty sure it was when recording in jtv format.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

crawfofd

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 08:33:43 am »

Thanks for you replies JimH and RoderickGI.

I am recording using ts not jtv. 
Is there any other info anyone needs to help me.

I thought it might be a permissions problem.  I'm using UNC and the directories are being shared.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 04:47:05 pm »

I think the best way forward is to start logging on the Client, try to play something that won't work, stop logging and take a look at what is in the log created.

If there is nothing obvious, Yaobing may be willing to take a look at the log. He may not see this thread in the Media Network forum though.

How to send MC logs related to TV to developers
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 05:14:55 pm »

Have you got the client set up to transcode the video to a different format?

Tools > Options > Media Network > Client Options > Video Conversion.

I'd make it "No Conversion" if you're over CAT cable.
Pages: [1]   Go Up