INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlist group  (Read 752 times)

tom9920

• Recent member
Playlist group
« on: March 15, 2012, 08:56:23 pm »

I'd like to be able to shuffle play classical works in a way that makes sense. A multi-movement work should be shuffled as a work (so that movements play 1,2,...n) while the works themselves are shuffled. 

I could create a playlist for each work, and then store the playlists in a group.  However, it appears that the shuffle feature only works on the total playlist, when what i would like is to shuffle the playlists within the group while NOT shuffling the contents of each playlist.

Is there another solution?

If not, is this a good product suggestion?

Thanks.

Tom

wig

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Playlist group
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 07:22:34 am »

I've often wanted to associate several tracks together, so that they are always played in a group, but I don't think it's currently possible.

I wonder if this is something that could be incorporated into the new particles feature. The ability to stitch multiple items together into one particle, without altering the originals, would be incredible useful.

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Playlist group
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 05:46:12 pm »

Is there another solution?

Yes. Tag works as separate albums, even if they're from a multiple-disk album of a number of works. You can then rely on MC's album handling feature in creating smartlists that return complete works. Generally, such a smartlist will...

• Remove duplicates of [Artist] or [Composer] and [Album] (so there's only one file representing each album);
  • Make a random selection of a number of those files; then
  • Expand to full albums.

...giving you a list of shuffled works.
Pages: [1]   Go Up