INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any way to reset A/V output/decoder settings to defaults?  (Read 780 times)

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Any way to reset A/V output/decoder settings to defaults?
« on: March 18, 2012, 04:36:35 pm »

I have been messing with the video decoding settings on the downstairs system trying to solve the DVD playback issues and want to reset everything back to where it started before trying anything else.  Any way to reset everything back to 'default' out of the box settings without doing a full uninstall/reinstall?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Any way to reset A/V output/decoder settings to defaults?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 06:58:10 pm »

Not really.

But if you just pick Red October Standard and no bitstreaming, you're most of the way there.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
Re: Any way to reset A/V output/decoder settings to defaults?
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 07:23:34 pm »

Already started with both RO HQ and RO Standard - MPEG content does not play back smoothly at all under either setting (on an i5 based system).  Have tried various changes from another thread, but so far nothing has worked.  Want to get back to vanilla install before I try anything else or do any more troubelshooting.

Is there a recommended way to uninstall/reinstall to make 100% sure nothing is left behind from the original install?  I just use this install to access a shared library so I am not worried about losing any data.

Edit: suggestion for future updates/version would be to have a 'reset' function.
Pages: [1]   Go Up