INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Having trouble playing itunes files without apple quicktime [DRM file]  (Read 2510 times)

gakaudio

• Recent member

Hi all, I posted this in another thread and didn't get any comments so I thought i would try here.

I have all of my music files (mp3, itunes, mp4, flac, and aiff) on an external hard drive that I connect to my audio PC through USB 3.0. I am trying to keep my audio PC as free of extraneous programs as possible. The only things I’ve added to it is adobe reader and media center 17. When I play some of my itunes files (not all) a window pops up saying that the verison of quicktime can’t be determined and that QT 6.0 or higher needs to be installed to play.

My question is, can I play these songs without downloading quicktime? I’d rather not download it if I don’t have to. Over time I plan to get lossless files for all of my itunes files but that will be a slow process. Thanks for your help, Garth

gakaudio

• Recent member
Re: Having trouble playing itunes files without apple quicktime
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 08:19:49 pm »

Has no one replied because the answer to my problem is too simple ... just install apple quicktime. Or is it because no one know of a way of playing itunes files without quicktime. Thanks, Garth

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 09:21:50 pm »

I don't have quicktime installed and have never seen the dialog you refer to.  Can you share a track that causes the problem so that I can test it here?  Perhaps use Dropbox and send me a link via PM.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 10:47:38 am »

I received your file.  It is a copy protected mp4 file.

See this thread for downloading a replacement non-copy protected version from Apple.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=76747.0
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

gakaudio

• Recent member
Re: Having trouble playing itunes files without apple quicktime [DRM file]
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 12:26:07 am »

I haven't taken action on it yet but thank you very much for looking into this from me. I appreciate it.

Garth
Pages: [1]   Go Up