INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug: MC17 NOT Backing-up Custom Fields that begin with ASCII char 3  (Read 702 times)

Gl3nn

• Galactic Citizen

As the title states.  Since MC16 I've been using ♥ to prefix certain custom fields in order to recognize/group them as being mine. 

Neither the auto or manual mode in MC17 backs-up these fields - they're just GONE.  Thankfully, I routinely do a backup of my MC17 library location (simple copy to a network drive) and I was able to just copy the whole file folder back over and now they're restored.

I'm using 144 but the restore fails all the way back to 109 at least (that's the earliest install I have).

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

That heart character ( ♥ ) is Unicode character 9829.

In a ZIP file, it will be UTF-8 encoded as GÖÑ

However, we were not properly setting the UTF-8 flag on the zip file, leading to the problems you're seeing.

Next build:
Fixed: When creating a ZIP file, the UTF-8 flag was not being properly set (despite filenames being UTF-8 encoded), causing problems in some cases.
Fixed: Putting a backslash in a user field name could cause trouble.
Fixed: It was possible to create two fields with the same file-system name by using characters the file system didn't support in the filename, leading to contamination between the two fields.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Gl3nn

• Galactic Citizen

Thanks Matt! Working well again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up