INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie Can't Get JRiver MC to Recognize DLNA  (Read 1453 times)

philk13

Newbie Can't Get JRiver MC to Recognize DLNA
« on: April 08, 2012, 11:16:38 am »

Hello,

Complete newbie here -- any assistance/suggestions would be appreciated.  How do I "turn on" DLNA in JRiver MC?  I don't mean the server function, I mean getting it to recognize my NAS's DLNA?

I have a Synology NAS and a AsRock Vision 3D HTPC.  Everything else on my network recognizes the Synology's DLNA service -- even XBMC and Windows Media Center on the HTPC.  When I loaded XBMC and WMC, they just "saw" the NAS's DLNA.  Wasn't entirely happy with XBMC so I am trying JRiver MC, which is awesome in every way so far, but....  it isn't seeing the DLNA.  I'll sadly need to return to XBMC if I can't use DLNA with MC.

I read the forums here, and others are using Synology NASs, so I assume it is compatible?  And since I see the NAS via DLNA elsewhere, I know that's working.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Newbie Can't Get JRiver MC to Recognize DLNA
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 11:19:47 am »

Welcome to Interact.  The setting for Media Network should be checked in MC's options.  You may need to turn on "DLNA Extra".

After a minute or two, the server should show up under Playing Now.

philk13

Re: Newbie Can't Get JRiver MC to Recognize DLNA
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 12:03:18 pm »

Hello, thanks first for such an incredibly fast response -- especially on a Easter Sunday.

I dont know what magic you worked, but the DLNA server appeared today.  The Media Network setting was already checked, so I still don't know what fixed it.  Spent hours last night playing with those settings, and couldn't get it to work.  Read your reply today, turned on the HTPC and MC.... and there it was. 

Anyway, thanks!

Pages: [1]   Go Up