INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [REQUEST] 4D Support  (Read 1414 times)

HollowMac

• Recent member
[REQUEST] 4D Support
« on: March 21, 2012, 10:27:44 am »

Hi,

Do you know Crowson or Buttkicker ? These are vibrators that we put under seats or sofas and make vibrations 8) This is the 4D :)

I wondered if it was possible to add the support of this ? It would consist to add a special channel in the DPS options (in Correction Room) like a second subwoofer. And it will be nice to choose how vibrators receive the sound : only subwoofer channel, or subwoofer channel + others channels, etc.

Best Regards. ;)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: [REQUEST] 4D Support
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 10:43:05 am »

I once considered these for use with headphones, but never actually did it.

But you can already output channels in just about any configuration using DSP Studio > Parametric Equalizer.

In other words, we should already support this nicely.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 11:16:12 am »

My HTs are full of buttkickers and bass shakers. Used with an AV receiver, there's not much to configure in MC. Using a sub amp to power the shaker directly from the PC also shouldn't need any configuration as the amps usually have a cut-off/crossover control.

HollowMac

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 11:27:09 am »

With a sub amp power we are limited with the low cutoff : for example it is 40Hz with the Buttkicker BKA-1000N. With parametric equalizer in J River Media Center, we can make a low cutoff of 20 Hz for example.

Moreover, the most important is that with a sub amp it is impossible to choose wich signal to send to vibrators. We can send the subwoofer signal, but it is mixed with the bass of others channels. Integrated in J River Media Center, it would permit to choose to send the subwoofer signal and only it, without the bass of others channels.

;)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 12:20:33 pm »

With a sub amp power we are limited with the low cutoff : for example it is 40Hz with the Buttkicker BKA-1000N. With parametric equalizer in J River Media Center, we can make a low cutoff of 20 Hz for example.

Moreover, the most important is that with a sub amp it is impossible to choose wich signal to send to vibrators. We can send the subwoofer signal, but it is mixed with the bass of others channels. Integrated in J River Media Center, it would permit to choose to send the subwoofer signal and only it, without the bass of others channels.

;)

For the first part, I think you're mistaken. I have the amp right in front of me. The low cutoff is a single on/off switch preset at 25Hz. If you have a buttkicker LFE, the low cutoff is unnecessary IMO, since the LFE is quite capable into the single digit Hz (specs say 5 Hz, and I've tested mine to around that). The high cutoff is a mixture of an on/off switch and a variable knob that goes down to 40 Hz.

You're right in that my BKs work with sub output. I have my subs and BKs handling everything under 40 Hz via my AVR's crossover setting.

HollowMac

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 02:35:59 pm »

For the first part, I think you're mistaken. I have the amp right in front of me. The low cutoff is a single on/off switch preset at 25Hz. If you have a buttkicker LFE, the low cutoff is unnecessary IMO, since the LFE is quite capable into the single digit Hz (specs say 5 Hz, and I've tested mine to around that). The high cutoff is a mixture of an on/off switch and a variable knob that goes down to 40 Hz.
Indeed. I inverted low/high cutoff :-X I wanted to speak about high cutoff ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up