INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot navigate or select in dvd menu with my Harmony 900 remote.  (Read 2251 times)

Ton

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...

Although it has nothing to do with MC itself, I wonder if someone knows a solution.
I have a Logitech Harmony 900 and a Zalman HD-160 pc case. The Zalman has a built-in ir-receiver and works with Imon Manager. To get it working with MC, in Imon I selected that I have a MCE remote and in the Logitech software for Media Center PC > Microsoft > Windows Media Center Edition.
When I start MC in Theatre View, I can do everything. I can navigate, start to play a file etc.
The only thing that doesn't work however is when I start to play a dvd (from a folder or file on my harddisk) and get the menu. Whatever I try (navigation buttons, enter or o.k.), I cannot navigate or select something in the menu. I still have to use my mouse to select one of the options to start the playback. From then on everything works fine again.
Of course it is not a big issue, but I wonder if there is a solution for this.
Thanks in advance.

Ton

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Cannot navigate or select in dvd menu with my Harmony 900 remote.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 09:53:09 am »

Although I assume that, given the lack of response, there is no solution, I bump my question.
Anyone knows a workaround ?

Sandy B Ridge

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 10:13:00 am »

Ton,

Not sure. I have a harmony 900, but not an iMon case. It is a VL System one in my case, but the arrows work fine for me for navigation in DVD menus. I think there are 2 ways of configuring remotes (may not be the case for the imon though). You can either send a 'Media' command or a 'keyboard buffer' command. I changed mine to send an 'arrow key' keyboard press rather than a Media arrow command. Similarly I changed the Stop key to a keyboard Ctrl-S rather than a media 'Stop' command. Seemed to work better this way.

I may be barking up the wrong tree, but if you can modify the behaviour in the iMon manager, you might get more success.  I'd be interested to know how you get on because I'm thinking of getting a different case and adding an imon internal remote to it quite soon.

SBR

Ton

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 02:13:00 pm »

Thanks for your reply.
I assume that that means that navigating in the menu with the arrow keys of the keyboard itself works. However that doesn't work either for me in some dvd's. In some dvd's I CAN navigate with the up and down or left and right arrows, but in others nothing happens, not with the keyboard and not with the Harmony. I have to use the mouse then first to select one of the items and then I can navigate with the Harmony (and with the keyboard).

Btw, did you configure your Harmony as a Microsoft remote as well and if so, which model did you choose in the Logitech software ? Is it also Windows Media Center Edition ?

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 02:17:36 pm »

No, I configured it as VL Systems 212(or somesuch).

The keyboard arrows not working sounds bad! Is there a Windows box that is taking focus when you start a DVD so that you have to click in the JRiver window to make it 'active'? That's the only thing that I can think of right now.

SBR

Ton

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 04:35:15 pm »

Is there a Windows box that is taking focus when you start a DVD so that you have to click in the JRiver window to make it 'active'? That's the only thing that I can think of right now.

SBR

No, even when I have MC in windowed mode and click in the window, the arrows don't work. Fortunately it is only with a few dvd's, so it is not a big problem. Think I'll leave it that way.

gappie

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 04:44:29 pm »

No, even when I have MC in windowed mode and click in the window, the arrows don't work. Fortunately it is only with a few dvd's, so it is not a big problem. Think I'll leave it that way.
have you checked if with these dvd's the arrow keys on your keyboard do function, not only the mouse?

:)
gab

Ton

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 06:36:19 pm »

Gappie, with the quoted text I meant that I clicked with my mouse on the MC window to focus on that. Then I tried the arrow keys on my keyboard, but nothing happens then. Only when, using the mouse, I select one of the options in the menu I can then navigate in the menu with my remote and/or the arrow keys of the keyboard.

Oh... and meanwhile I saw that when I play one of the "problematic" dvd's in TMT, the 1st option in the menu is selected automatically. That is, there is already a check mark there. In MC all options are unchecked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up