INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC delete art folder  (Read 843 times)

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
MC delete art folder
« on: March 22, 2012, 11:02:48 am »

So i try to move the album cover in separate folder that is now side with the audio, and when i add a new folder on the specified location, all my artists cover disappear and the album cover art is not anywhere to find, after i selected one new folder from default one. Now i struggle to get my deleted files back, because it seems that MC deleted the director and i can't find it anywhere.
Now i run a program to save my deleted files  :'(, and i still don't find where the cover album is save when i do the saving. Search in everyplace of HD and is not where.
If i specified in the same place with audio, is there but if i change in a separate folder it say is save, but i don't find it.
Some help if someone can give plz.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MC delete art folder
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 11:20:50 am »

It sounds like you manually moved the cover art folder.  It's better to use Media Center (Options > File Location) to do this, since that will keep the library correct.

External cover art is pretty simple.  The 'Image File' field in Media Center will point to an external file.  If you move or delete the external files that 'Image File' points to, you'll have to manually fix the 'Image File' field.  Find & Replace is often helpful for this.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
Re: MC delete art folder
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 01:16:03 pm »

I didn't not do manually, i was under MC and wanted to set a new folder where to keep the album art separately from audio, and when i did make another directory in the already one where i did have my artist cover, i saw how the files are move in the new directory but the album cover wasn't moved and then i saw that it wasn't anymore the whole folder of my cover art.
I manage to recover the ones who was deleted, but don't know how, so now i will redo some of them,  :-\, but still where are the saved album cover is it when it say is specified folder.
Because if i set let say one folder it only move my artist cover and nothing more.
Pages: [1]   Go Up