INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Muted center channel with HDMI passthrough on WASAPI or Kernel Streaming  (Read 1192 times)

stamatisk

JRiver version 17.0.99. ; When I set the HDMI passthrough output (ASUS HDMI slim 1.3) so as to sent pure signal to my AVR (DENON AVC A11 XVA) the center channel gets completely muted!
All the other channels (L,R,SR,SL & SW) are perfectly working!
The only way to get the center channel working as normal is to select the speakers output under "WASAPI event style" mode. But then I let the sound reprocessed by my audio card and I do not want that.

Any suggestions?
I'll be gratefull :)

ASROCK Z68 extreme GEN3
Gainward 560ti Phantom
Asus HDMI 1.3 slim

stamatisk

The problem persist and is really strange.. I have done everything .. reinstallations etc .. is there any way to control inherently the channel configuration when using wasapi? (I am not talking for the obvious channel confg options on DSP table of course)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

Is this only when bitstreaming?  What happens if you play CD audio with 5.1 or 7.1 (whichever you actually have) output selected in DSP Studio > Output Format?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

stamatisk

Many thanks for your question.
Yes its only when bitstreaming. The center channel dissapears but all other channels work (with unparalleled quality I should mention)
When I use the common audio output everything is fine.

CountryBumkin

This was happening on my system too (I use WASAPI-Event Style). Matt recommended not Bitstreaming and using DSP, which works.
There is no benefit in my system to bitstreaming other than seeing the various lights on my AVR come on.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

If it's only when bitstreaming, it means it's something in your receiver.

Like CountryBumkin said, we recommend not bitstreaming when you have HDMI.  This allows VideoClock, volume, known good decoders, etc.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up