INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flicker while scrolling in Theater View  (Read 1372 times)

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Flicker while scrolling in Theater View
« on: March 28, 2012, 02:27:58 pm »

If I scroll up or down in Theater View while using a list style that shows the cover art I get flickering of all images for a second when the row has to shift up or down. It is most easily seen on the white text below the cover art. It happens on two different computers with Nvidia video cards. I haven't checked yet on my laptop. I think it started with the change to SSE 4.1.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
Flicker while scrolling in Theater View
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 07:38:44 am »

If I scroll up or down in Theater View while using a list style that shows the cover art I get flickering of all images for a second when the row has to shift up or down. It is most easily seen on the white text below the cover art. It happens on two different computers with Nvidia video cards. I haven't checked yet on my laptop. I think it started with the change to SSE 4.1.

I'm getting this same "flickering" effect while browsing in Theater View. I am also using an nVidia card, with a Sandy Bridge CPU.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Flicker while scrolling in Theater View
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 07:51:49 am »

I don't think this is related to SSE changes, since rendering is the GPU's job once the image has been delivered.  In other words, it should always look wrong or always look right if it's an SSE 4 image rendering problem since we only render it to the hardware buffer the first time.

Are you on the latest nVidia driver?  Does changing the Options > General > Video card settings make any difference?

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up