INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD-TEXT doesn't work  (Read 782 times)

JGourd

CD-TEXT doesn't work
« on: May 07, 2002, 08:32:47 am »

I have a disc that has CD-TEXT. I have verified this with Nero, AudioGrabber, and Easy CD Creator. When I insert the disc, MJ always attempts a CDDB lookup.

It is a Firewire drive and I can make it play only by using the IDE driver, ASPI jumps from track to track. My ASPI is the latest Adaptec 4.7.

Please help.

ZRocker

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:CD-TEXT doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2002, 09:30:37 am »

MJ has never supported reading CD Text...only writing it on *some* CD-RW drives.

Update:
Looks like MJ does support CD Text in a limited fashion.

JGourd

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2002, 10:32:52 am »

WRONG!

From the online help:

By default the program will try to retrieve CD information and track names. The order in which it does this is as follows

1. Media Jukebox first checks cdplayer.ini.

2. If the information isn't there, it checks "CD-Text" data from the CD.

3. If it still doesn't have the information, then it will check the CDDB "local cache" stored on the computer so it doesn't need to go on-line

4. If it still can't get the information, it tries to go on-line and search the CDDB on-line database for a match. This can cause a noticeable delay and will fail if you are not connected to the internet.

5. If it can't find it on-line, it asks if you if you want to fill in the info and submit it to CDDB.

Once it has info for an audio CD, MJ stores it in it's own database so the next time you insert this CD it just grabs all the information instantly from it's own database without any CDDB or cdplayer.ini checking

ZRocker

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2002, 12:53:41 pm »

JGourd,

I admitted I was wrong (see Update above).  JohnT corrected me in the Bug thread...there is limited (not 100% support) for CD Text after all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up